Chapter Four

"Hey, Ads," Tom greeted Addison when she came into the hallway out of her sixth period class. "What class do you have next?"

"Uh, Earth and Space," she answered, after looking down at her schedule in her hand.

"Cool! Me too! I'm so excited for this class, it's gonna be awesome. I hope we talk about aliens." Addison looked at Tom suspiciously. She's never seen him so excited about something before.

"Um, yeah. I'm looking forward to the class too," she responded cautiously. Tom gave a huge grin, the fluorescent lights glinting off his lip ring.

His grin faded when he said, "Listen, I'm sorry about scaring you during break." That was definitely suspicious. Tom tried to scare the girls all the time, not just Addison, and he never apologized afterwards.

"Oh, it's fine. No harm no foul." Addison looked over at Tom, searching for a smirk or something that would suggest what he was up to, but there was nothing.

"Well, maybe I can make it up to you somehow," Tom smirked suggestively and winked at her. There was the Tom Addison knew and somewhat hated. Addison rolled her eyes in response and Tom just laughed softly.

When they got to the classroom, Tom politely opened the door for Addison. At least he had some manners despite his sexual innuendos. She sat down in the first row, just like in all her other classes, and Tom sat in the desk next to her. Thankfully he didn't try talking to her while the teacher was talking to the class. It was one of Addison's biggest pet peeves. She doesn't want to ignore the person talking to her, but she wants to listen to the teacher.

After fifty minutes, the bell rang and school ended. Addison got up from her seat and headed to her locker so she could put away all her textbooks. Thankfully she didn't have any homework; the only assignments teachers gave out today were to buy certain school supplies. Tom trailed after her, talking excitedly about aliens and conspiracy theories. When Addison closed her locker, Tom offered to carry her backpack for her but she refused, it was light what with the lack of homework.

"So...see you tomorrow?" Tom asked, rubbing the back of his neck. Addison smiled and nodded. Then Tom quickly pulled her into a hug and let go just as quickly. He smiled, waved goodbye, and walked back the way they came, presumably to go to his locker.

Addison shook off her confusion from the hug and headed outside to wait for Noelle and Alice by Noelle's car. She was surprised when she saw Alice already outside waiting for her. Usually Alice was the last one out because she's always talking to her friends.

As soon as Alice saw Addison coming towards her, she got up from leaning against Noelle's car. She was smiling happily which Addison knew meant Alice wanted a favor. Addison sighed and hitched her backpack up higher on her shoulder.

"What is it that you want?" Addison asked tiredly. Alice frowned slightly.

"What do you mean? Can't I be happy to see my sister?" Addison looked at her pointedly. Alice sighed. "Okay, fine. I was wondering if you could maybe...get me an invite to Mark's party on Friday?" she asked quickly.

"I don't know, Alice," Addison sighed. "It's only for seniors."

"I know. That's why I'm asking for your help." Alice clutched her hands together. Addison wouldn't be surprised if Alice got down on her knees pretty soon. "Please! You're best friends with Mark! I'll never ask for anything again," she begged.

Addison raised an eyebrow in doubt. Alice rolled over her lip and started pouting, making puppy dog eyes. "Ugh, fine," Addison caved. Alice shrieked and embraced her sister in a hug.