Nobody Likes You When You're (Chapter) Twenty-three

The dining room table was full; Adrienne and Billie Joe even had to share a chair since the table only sat eight. Travis was still sleeping luckily so everyone else had their own chair. Addison ate her pancakes in silence, ignoring the questioning glances Tom kept sending her from across the table.

            "So what are the plans for the rest of the day?" Mike asked, showing everyone his chewed up pancakes as he spoke. Noelle, who was sitting across from him, winced and pushed her plate of half-eaten pancakes away, which Tré gladly took and began to finish eating.

            "Laser tag," Tré answered. Thankfully he finished chewing before answering.

            "No," Billie Joe pointed his finger at Tré. "You are going to clean up the kitchen before my mom comes back home."

            Tré glared at Adrienne, assuming that it was her who ratted him out, which it probably was. "So I make this delicious breakfast for everyone and this is the thanks I get?" he demanded.

            "I'll help you out, buddy," Mark reassured. "Then we can play laser tag."

            "Actually, I should get going soon. I still have some homework I need to finish," Addison informed.

            "So? Do it after dinner," Mike said, taking another huge bite of pancakes.

            Noelle rolled her eyes. "You have impeccable study habits," she commented sarcastically. Mike just winked at her and continued chewing.

            "I'll drive you home," Tom offered. Addison thought about refusing, but Tom continued. "You don't really have much of a choice, since only my car and BJ's car are here."

            "Sure," Addison mumbled. She stabbed a piece of pancake with her fork and began dragging it through the trails of syrup on her plate.

            "Which means you have to come back, DeLonge," Billie Joe warned. "I'm not driving all these people home."

            "Sure," Tom nodded. So after Addison finished eating she went to get dressed in the bathroom. She had only brought a pair of shorts and a plain white T-shirt since she knew she wouldn't be staying here long when she had packed. But she was starting to regret not packing a pair of sneakers since that meant she had to wear her heels again.

            She walked out of the bathroom once she had changed, and entered the living room. Tom was sitting on the couch, scrolling on his phone. He had changed as well and was now wearing jeans, a Jimmy Eat World shirt, and the same Vans he wore last night.

            "You ready to..." Tom trailed off when he looked up from his phone. It was like the second day of school all over again, although her top wasn't nearly as revealing. Maybe a white shirt with a black bra wasn't such a great idea. Tom coughed to recompose himself and finished his question. "You ready to go?" he asked, standing up from the couch.

            "Yeah," Addison nodded and gripped her bag tightly in her hand. The two headed towards the front door, having to pass the dining room on the way. Mark, who was still cleaning off the table, wolf whistled at Addison as she walked past.

            "No detours, you two," Mark joked.

            "Have fun cleaning the dishes," Tom smirked.

            "Oh I will," Mark replied and waved goodbye to the two.