Epilogue

"And now, I give you the class of 2016!" When the principle finished speaking, Addison and her classmates cheered and threw their black caps into the air. There were laughs and shouts of pain when the pointed hats came crashing back down upon their heads, or into their hands for people that were at least somewhat coordinated. Some tried to catch their cap, but fumbled with it and had to pick it up off the floor, like Gerard.

            Addison, who had been sitting next to Gerard during the ceremony due to their last names, giggled at her friend. Gerard just blushed and nudged her shoulder, telling her they were starting to process out. Addison followed the person on her right to the center aisle and down the makeshift stage set up on the football field.

            As soon as they were off to the side and out of the way, Addison turned to Gerard. She pulled him in for a hug, making the boy chuckle at her enthusiasm.

            "We did it!" she exclaimed. "We graduated!"

            "Yeah, we did," Gerard laughed. "The four years of torture are over."

            Addison rolled her eyes at his exaggeration as she pulled away. "You should be going to drama school instead of art school," she teased.

            "Very funny," Gerard replied dryly.

            "You'll be amazing at SVA," Addison reassured, sensing his hesitation.

            "What if I'm not good enough?" he asked, doubt showing in his eyes.

            "Trust me, you are. They accepted you, didn't they? They think you're good enough."

            "I guess," Gerard sighed. "I'm just glad Frank will be close at Rutgers."

            As if Frank had heard Gerard say his name, he emerged from the growing crowd of students that had already climbed off the stage. Addison smiled when Frank stepped next to Gerard and laced their fingers together. The two looked so happy together, both smiling from ear to ear. Addison was glad they had been able to work everything out so many months ago.

            "Congratulations, babe," Frank said, reaching up to kiss Gerard's cheek. "Hey, Addison," he nodded in her direction.

            "Hey, Frank," Addison greeted.

            "So I guess we're finally free, huh?" Frank grinned.

            "Looks like it," Addison smiled. She suddenly felt two arms wrap around her waist and lift her up into the air. Addison shrieked with laughter as the person spun her around in a circle. When they set her back on the ground, they pressed a kiss to her cheek.

            "Hello, gorgeous," Tom whispered in her ear. Addison leaned back into his chest since it seemed he wouldn't be removing his arms any time soon, not that she particularly wanted him to. "Hey, guys," he addressed the other couple.

            "Hi, Tom," Gerard smiled. Frank just gave a curt nod.

Tom and Gerard had warmed up to each other over the past few months, much to Addison's appreciation. Tom had laughed for a good five minutes when Addison told him about Gerard's crush on Frank. He found it hilarious that Addison had "turned Gerard gay", even though Addison had repeatedly told him that that wasn't a thing. Apparently Tom no longer had a reason to view Gerard as a threat, which was ridiculous in Addison's opinion since Gerard had never been a "threat", so Tom had tried to be friendly to Gerard since he was Addison's friend. And Gerard had dropped his animosity towards Tom when Addison had "deemed Tom a good guy" (Gerard's words, not Addison's) and decided to get back together with him. The fact that the two boys had a deep love, or rather obsession, of Star Wars had made it easier for them to get along.