Chapter Twenty

A/N: This is probably my favorite chapter so far, and I think it's the longest too. I tried to put as many references as possible in here which is why I like it so much. If you want to imagine all the dance moves Tom uses, check out this GIF compilation post on Tumblr; I added it as an external link so hopefully that works. And if you haven't seen this video yet (titled "Funny Blink 182 Moments") you should. It's hilarious and most of the references are from that video. Anyways, enjoy the chapter!

The group of seniors had already finished their main courses and had tested the term "unlimited breadsticks." They were currently waiting for the desserts a few of them had ordered to arrive from the kitchen.

            "You do realize that the dance will have dessert, right?" Mike asked, directing the question towards Mark and Billie Joe, the only people who ordered dessert. "And the price was already included in the ticket so it's basically free when you think about it."

            "Yeah, but Olive Garden has way better quality for their desserts," Mark shrugged. He reached across the table, since he was sitting at the end, for a breadstick. In the process he knocked over his water glass with his elbow, resulting in water flowing across the table and soaking into the table cloth.

            "You stupid bi-" Tom said as Mark quickly picked up the glass and set it upright.

            "I'm so retarded. I'm really sorry about that," Mark apologized to a waitress who came rushing over with paper towels to dab up the water.

            "You're the dumbest guy I've ever met," Tom declared. Anyone at the table who wasn't already laughing started to at that comment. Even Skye let out a giggle.

            "I'm sorry," Mark said.

            "It's alright, sir," the waitress replied. "It happens all the time." She finished cleaning up the water, as much as she could anyway, and gathered up all the soggy towels. "Your dessert should be out shortly," she said before walking away.

            "Only you, Hoppus," Billie Joe laughed.

            "You're just lucky that the water didn't spill on my dress," Noelle stated. She was sitting across from Mark so her concern was reasonable.

            "Why?" Tré asked with a dumbfounded expression on his face. "It's water."

            "Because," Noelle explained slowly as if she were talking to a three year old. "I don't want to show up to the dance in a wet dress."

            "What about wet underwear?" Mike smirked, earning a smack on the arm from Skye who was sitting next to him. "What? She totally set herself up for that."

            "Why are we friends with such perverts," Skye muttered.

            "Because we're adorable," Tom grinned cheekily. "How could you not like us?"

            Adrienne looked like she was about to respond when the waitress returned with a tray full of desserts. "We have a black tie mousse cake for this gentleman," she said, putting down a plate in front of Billie Joe. "And the tiramisu, chocolate mousse cake, white chocolate raspberry cheesecake, and zeppoli for you." The waitress set down four plates of dessert in front of Mark. "Is there anything else I can get for you?"

            "That should do it, thank you," Billie answered. The waitress smiled and walked away.

Everyone stared at Mark as he dug into his buffet of desserts, with the exception of Billie Joe and Adrienne who began to eat their own dessert.