Chapter Thirty-nine

(A/N: I don't know how this one got so long tbh.)

"I don't know," Addison hesitated, pulling down on her denim mini-skirt. "Are you sure this is a good idea?"

"Don't you want to be a supportive friend?" Skye asked.

"Yes," Addison sighed.

"Then you're going," Skye confirmed. "It's their first real gig, you have to go."

"But what if my showing up makes Tom uncomfortable and then he messes up and their first gig is ruined because of me?" Addison countered. She adjusted the blue bow that Skye had tied sections of her hair in.

"Would you stop fidgeting? You're going to make it fall out," Skye slapped Addison's hand away. "And I highly doubt that's going to happen. The guys asked you to come too. If anything, I'm sure Tom would be happy to see you there tonight." Sure, Addison was willing to agree with that, but only because it was Friday night and the last day of the semester; it was the last day for Tom to win the bet.

"And if you go you'll get to find out who Noelle's been hiding from us for the past month," Skye added. Noelle was bringing her new boyfriend to the gig tonight as her date, and her girl friends were very anxious to learn the identity of the mystery-guy.

Addison smiled. She supposed that was as good of a reason as any. And it's not like she had to talk to Tom tonight. She could just go to enjoy the show.

"Fine," Addison gave in. She took the blue Converse Skye was holding out for her, and put them on over her black thigh-high socks. Addison would rather be wearing tights since they'd be warmer, but Skye had insisted the socks would look cuter. But it's not like Addison had to look cute for anyone anymore.

"It'll be fun, I promise," Skye smiled. Addison resisted the urge to roll her eyes. Of course Skye would say that, her boyfriend was playing in the show tonight.

There was a loud honk from the street outside. Skye's eyebrows furrowed.

"Is that Mike?" Skye asked.

"Of course it is," Addison smirked. "He is so lazy, honestly."

Skye giggled as she double checked her appearance in Addison's bedroom mirror. When she was satisfied, she grabbed her purse. Addison just took her phone, some cash, and her house key and put them in her pockets. The two girls headed down the stairs and towards the front door.

"Bye, Mom!" Addison called when they passed her mom sitting in the living room.

"Bye, girls! Have fun and be safe," Mrs. Webb replied, glancing up from the magazine she was reading.

"We will," Addison reassured before closing the front door behind her. She followed Skye to Mike's car in the driveway. Skye slid into the backseat and Addison followed her.

"Am I fucking taxi driver or something?" Mike muttered when the girls got in the car.

"Pretty much," Skye giggled. "You were basically our last choice."

"Okay, that was rude," Mike stated as he reversed out of the driveway. "You guys are lucky I was even able to borrow my dad's car tonight."

"I think Billie Joe's the lucky one," Skye countered. "Otherwise he would have had to drive the three of us in addition to Adrienne and Tré."

"Poor Tré," Mike shook his head, keeping both hands on the wheel. "Stuck as the awkward, unwanted third wheel. Story of his life."

"Oh please," Addison scoffed. "He chose to go with Billie and Adrienne when he could have gone with us. He just wanted to mess with them."