• t w o •

Avery's POV:
----------------
"Ave, Ave, Ave, Ave!" I hear Riley saying. "What?" I say in a raspy voice. "Time for school!" she says happily. "Ry, we get up in an hour." I say "Oh, oops. Well since you're awake let's be ready." she says shaking me. "Okay okay." I say sighing. I get up and take a long shower since I'm up extra early. I get out and dry off. I go to my bag and get my clothes out. I then get dressed pretty decently because we're having a picture day all day today and they're starting with the seniors and ending with the freshman.
Sooner or later it was time to leave and off we go to school. Riley kept jamming out to songs on the radio and I wonder why I'm friends with her sometimes.

Grayson's POV:
-------------------
"Ethan get up." I say. I go and take a shower, brush my teeth and everything else I needed to do to be fresh and clean. I fix my hair in a lazy quiff and I go put on my clothes. I guess today is a lazy day because I'm wearing black joggers and a black long sleeve with some white high top vans.

Ethan was downstairs eating breakfast and I guess he was ready. I find my backpack and head out to the car. I'm kinda scared for today. I have to ask Avery out and I'm not looking forward to it only because I've gotta breakup with her in two weeks and that would hurt her. I don't really like her as much as I did last year and I like her best friend which is kinda awkward. I was lost in my thoughts and didn't realize we were already on our way to school. "Hey Gray? You alright?" Ethan asks. "Uhh yeah, fine." I say.

As Ethan and I are walking into the gym, I sigh. "Gray, just don't make it obvious. I know this isn't the right thing but if you don't wanna be made fun of then I guess.." Ethan says patting my back. We walk into our locker room and coach stops us and says "Dolans no dressing out today. They're gonna be using the gyms for pictures so we're all going to the track just to hangout I guess." he then walks off sighing. Coach hates it when we don't practice.

Avery's POV:
----------------
Coach told us to head out to the track since the gyms are being used for pictures. Ry and I walk out to the track and we didn't wanna just sit around or sweat so we're just gonna walk the track.

I see the boys heading out and that's when I asked Ry who she liked to make conversation. "No one really, that Ryan Karoly kid is pretty cute though." she says. "Awh date." I say pushing her. She giggles and she starts asking me questions. "You don't like anyone right?" she asks me. "Well I kinda like Grayson again." I say blushing. "Awh date!" she says mimicking me.

We walked around the track about 3 times now and it took us 15 minutes. There's still like 35 more minutes of this period. "Hey um Riley can I steal your best friend for a minute?" I hear someone ask. I turn around to see Grayson. "Of course! She's my best friend though." She says smirking at me. Grayson laughed at what she said and grabbed my hand, I look at Riley and she's humping the air and mouthing the words "get it!"

Gray walks over to somewhere private and I ask "What did you need?" "Well, I uhh.. Wanted to ask you something." he says nervously. Grayson is NEVER nervous so something's up. "Oh ask me then." I say smiling. "Do you um.. want to go out with.. me?" he asks and my heart starts to race faster and faster. "A-Are you being for real." I ask not believing the words coming out of his mouth. He pauses and just stares at me and then says, "Y-Yeah" and smiles. "Then yes!" I say and hug him, he hugs back and I feel so amazing right now. "Um, I need to talk to Avery real quick!" I say not realizing I said my own name. "You mean Riley?" he asks chuckling. "Yeah her!" I say running to catch up to her.

Grayson's POV:
-------------------
"A-Are you forreal?" she asks. Right then and there my heart sunk but I gave her a shy smile and said "Y-Yeah." She said yes so I guess we are "dating" now. Don't get me wrong Avery is a beautiful girl but my feelings faded for her awhile back. She ran off to tell Riley and I guess I have no chance with Riley because she doesn't even like me.