• t w e n t y t h r e e •

Grayson's POV:
-------------------
As we pulled up to the hotel. I got out with butterflies in my stomach, oh lord. Just like how I was in the beginning with her. I'd get butterflies just seeing her everyday actually.

We get an extra room key for an extra 25$ and head up to the room. Ethan and I get to the door and take a deep breathe. We open the door and walk in. Everything seems so dull and calm.

Ethan looks around and asks "where's Avery?"

I go and look in my room and I hear the shower running. I sigh and start getting butterflies. I knock and walk in and shut the door behind me.

Avery's POV:
----------------
I hear a knock as I'm rinsing out my hair. I start getting nervous as to who it may be. I didn't think the boys would be back this early.

I hear the door open and shut. I don't peek out or anything I just wait for whoever it is to start talking.

"Avery...." I hear Grayson say. I immediately start tearing up. "Avery can you please just listen?" He says. I sniffle and struggle to say, "start talking." I look down to see a scratch that Meredith left me on my arm.

"I'm so sorry, I swear nothing that came out of my mouth was true. Yes, tonight you embarrassed Ethan and I but not as much as Meredith did. All the attention was on us and we looked like idiots, all of us. She made a big deal out of nothing, it wasn't your fault. We could've taken care of it better though." he says as tears are streaming down my face.

I hear him walk closer. "Come here Ave." he says. I stand there for a bit and slowly walk to the edge, grabbing the curtain covering myself. I look up at him and we're looking each other in the eye.

"I was frustrated and I didn't mean to take it out on you, I swear. I don't know what else to say other than that whole scene meant nothing and is now in the past. Please don't hold a grudge, I've let go and I hope you can too." he says.

I don't know what to think of this. I honestly still feel terrible. I'm not mad at him, I'm just so upset at everything that was said.

"After coachella ends, I'm going right back home and I don't know if I wanna go on your tour with you.." I say looking down. Grayson sighs and says "Whatever you want babe, but please don't be angry, I couldn't live with myself if you were to still be angry."

"I'm not angry at you, just at what all you said really upset me. I've already let out my anger and I'm done. Okay, it's in the past but your words hurt and they'll be in my head for awhile." I say.

"I'm so sorry, I'm breaking at what I said and I regret all of it. You know that I didn't mean that, you know that I freaking love you with all my heart, you know we've been through so much worse and have gotten through it so we could get through this babe, together. If I have to compliment you every day, don't doubt that I will. If you want compliments about your makeup, you got it. If you want compliments on your outfits, you got it. If you want compliments on your butt, you freaking got it babe. I will do anything for you to forget about anything I said." he says leaning against the wall with me and rubbing my cheek.

I'm honestly trying to hide a smile. He knows how to make me feel better but I'm still upset.

"Please do compliment me, it'll make me feel better." I say hiding my smile.

"You got it gorgeous. Now stop hiding behind that curtain, I've seen your gorgeous body before." he says moving the curtain.

I instantly get insecure, yay I'm back to this phase again.

He grabs my waist pulling me closer to him. I place my arms on his shoulders.

"What do you say, I get in there with you?" he says rubbing my shoulder. "I don't know.." I say still without the trust I use to have for him. "Alright babe, please do hurry. I wanna make it up to you." he says leaning in. I turn away and just look down. "See ya later then Ave." he says sighing.

I turn around and finish up my shower. I feel so alone and I know I have them, but after tonight I feel like nothing will be the same.

I get dressed in shorts and a tank and make my way out of the restroom.

"Avery, can I talk to you please?" Ethan says awkwardly. I follow him into his hotel bedroom, he shuts his door and sits on the bed.

"I know tonight was really crazy and I know you meant nothing but please do tell me why you're angry at us." Ethan says.

"It's not the fact that I'm angry at you or gray, but what gray said to me when we got into my rover seriously shut me down and I felt alone, annoying, used and I felt like an embarrassment." I say breaking into tears. Ethan then pulls me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry, if I even did anything I'm so sorry. You know I'd never want to hurt you and neither would Grayson. We love you with all of our hearts." he whispers in my ear as he's massaging my head/messing with my hair.

I understand they'd never do this, but I'd never felt like an embarrassment to them and it hurts so much.

He lets go of me looking me dead in the eyes, wiping my tears. My heart is pounding, I'm scared to look up but I had this urge to.

I look into his greenish brown eyes and simply see by the way he's looking at me that he is truly sorry.

We're caught in the moment, he rubs his thumb lightly on my cheek still looking me in the eyes. Without even realizing it were both slowly leaning in. We're centimeters apart, I can feel his warm breath on my lips causing me to get the chills. He simply places his head on mine and says "We can't, This can't happen." "I know, it shouldn't happen." I say licking my lips.

"I love you Avery Rose. Please think this all through and know we truly didn't mean it and were truly sorry, especially gray." Eth says grabbing my hand and helping me up hugging me once more.

He opens the door letting me out. "I-I'm gonna wash up. Be out in a bit." Ethan says kinda upset. "Okay." I simply say.

I'm so shocked and confused at what just happened. I can't have feelings for my boyfriends brother. He can't have feelings for me.

My head and my heart hurts, oh boy.

I plop myself down on the couch thinking about how fancy this hotel is and everything that went on tonight.

Sooner or later I wonder where Grayson is. I look around kinda worried. Yes, I'm upset in him but he's still my boy and I still can't figure out how I'm feeling at this moment. I slowly open his hotel bedroom door to see a tired, stressed and unhappy Grayson. I just stand at his door admiring how gorgeous he is and how fast I can lose him. I don't wanna lose him, but am I certain of that at this moment.

This could be a phase.

"@AveryRose: Heart hurts 😟" I tweet out.

I put my phone down and simply lay there thinking.

I always overthink and end up crying myself to sleep.

I want everything to be okay.

I wanna put everything behind me, I wanna try, I will try, but it's hard to forget those words that shatter you into pieces.

-----------------------------------------------------

What do you guys think should happen?
- Should Avery put this all behind?
- Should she stick with Grayson?
- What do you think about Ethan and Avery's little "moment?"
- How do YOU think this should go? 🤔

Day two & three of coachella should be even more interesting. (;

VOTE

COMMENT

ADD TO YOUR READING LISTS/ LIBRARY TO GET NOTIFICATIONS FOR WHEN I PUT OUT UPDATES !!