• t h r e e •

6 days pass by
------------------

Avery's POV:
----------------
I wake up and quickly get ready. I'm excited to go to school today because I'm decorating the school dance, so I don't have to go to any classes.

Grayson took me out to dinner and asked me to the White ball Winter dance a few days ago. He makes me extremely happy, I don't ever want this feeling to leave me.

"Dad I'm ready!" I yell out to him. "Honey I'm not driving you today, Grayson is." he says about to open the newspaper. "Right" I say. I completely forgot my dad knew I was with Grayson. "Wait dad can I take Ava to help me decorate?" I ask nervously. He looks at me for a few seconds and says, "well I don't see why not." "Yes! Thank you dad!" I say running to wake her up. I get her dressed and make her some toast. Whiles she's eating I go and get my shoes on.

*Honk honk*

"Dad I think that's him, love you!" I say. "Love you too honey, bye Ava, love you princess." he says hugging Ava. "C'mon Ava." I say.

I head outside to see Grayson standing there with his arms open. I jump into his arms and he kisses my cheek. He hasn't kissed me on the lips and I don't know if that's a good thing or not because today is two weeks that we've been together.

"Hi Ava!" Grayson says picking her up and spinning in circles. He really likes Ava and Ava really likes him. We hop in the car and head to school. Throughout the ride Grayson had his arm around me but Ava was in the middle of us.

As we got to school Grayson kissed my forehead and headed to athletics. Ava and I walk to the office to sign in and make sure all my teachers know I'm gonna be decorating for the dance. Then we head to the girls gym to start decorating. All the girls are in the boys gym working out with them.

"Ava go drag those boxes over here!" I tell her pointing to the boxes. I look around and see some girls come in here. "Hey are you guys decorating?" I ask them. "obviously" one of the girls say. I noticed it was Britney who said that and she's the one who asked me if I was with Grayson. Hmm.

I started decorating and Ava was helping me. I was walking with a box of glittery streamers to put up when Britney pushed me. I fell and so did all the streamers. "Britney what the hell did you do that for?" "Do what?" she asks sarcastically. "What's your problem with me anyways?" I ask her. "You're dating the boy if my dreams." she says walking away. I look down and then look at Ava who looks scared. I grab her hand and walk out.

I'm so frustrated I begin to cry. Britney always gives me looks and she scares me sometimes. I'm always scared she's gonna hit me but then if she did I'd hit her back harder.

Ava and I decided to walk to the guys gym and check on everyone. The girls were playing volleyball and teaching the boys how to play. I saw Grayson with Riley and they were both laughing. Both my best friends are happy and I should be too, Britney makes that hard though.

I start to walk in the gym and the volleyball was heading towards me I bump it and everyone turned to look at me. Grayson and Riley came running to me. "Good job Ave." Ry says high fiving me. "Have you been crying?" She then asks looking at me sincerely. I look at Grayson who looks kinda concerned and I say, "Uhh no, no I haven't." I then walk away with Ava and I went to my coach.

Grayson's POV:
-------------------
I was playing volleyball and laughing at Riley because she kept failing. I don't really like her anymore because I've actually started to like Avery a lot more then I ever have. Someone bumped the ball way far away from us and someone bumped it back. I turn around and see it was Avery and little Ava. Riley and I went up to her and I noticed her eyes looked a little red and puffy. Riley started talking to her and eventually asked if she was crying. She said no and walked away to her coach.

"Well that was weird, something is wrong with her." I say. "Yeah I'll ask her later." Riley says walking away.

Avery's POV:
----------------
I went to talk to my coach so I could get away from Riley and Grayson for a bit. Ava was telling the coach a story and coach was just smiling and laughing. Grayson walked up behind me and grabbed my waist. "Avery, are you alright?" he whispers in my ear. I don't say anything and he sets his chin on my shoulder. "C'mon Ava we gotta continue decorating." I say taking her hand and making Grayson let go. "Avery what's w-" "I'm fine Grayson." I say interrupting him. I walk out of the boys gym and continue decorating.

Around 3:30 is when we finished the entire gym and its looks beautiful. There's only 30 minutes of school left so I called my mom so I could go home and get ready. I wait outside the gym with Ava and Britney comes and says "Hi little Ava!" all Ava did was walk towards me. "Leave her alone, what do you want?" I ask. "You to breakup with Grayson." she says. "No! I really like him and I've been waiting for him to ask me out for forever." I say. "*sigh* Avery, Grayson probably doesn't even like you. He's probably just using you for your body. I have to admit you have a great body but just understand he doesn't like you & you're probably a joke to him." she says walking away. I couldn't say anything because I was tearing up. Mom got here a few minutes after Britney left.

"Hey honey!" she says. "Hi" I say bluntly. The car ride was dead silent until I plugged my head phones in and listened to my music. 

As I got home I rushed to my room and put on my outfit. I took some sunglasses because there is gonna be a photo booth and I thought I'd bring cute pair for pictures. I curled my Hair and did my regular makeup routine but put on a pink shade of lipstick.

*Ding dong*

"Grayson is here sweetie." I hear my mom say. I'm ready so I walk into the living room to see Grayson looking so handsome. "W-Wow you look gorgeous." Grayson says. I blush and go over and hug him.
"Picture time!" My mom says. Grayson and I pose for some pictures and my mom took pictures on several cameras. She took a few Polaroid pictures and one of them stood out to me. I was fixing his bow tie and smiling while doing it and he hand his arms wrapped around my lower back and he was smiling as well. My mom got two like that so Grayson and I put it in the back of our phone cases.

"Alright bye mom!" I say. "Bye Mrs.Rose." Grayson says. We walk out of my house and into his sisters keep. "Hi Ethan!" I say. "Hey Avery!" he says hugging me. We then headed to school and I couldn't wait to get there and dance.

----------------------------------------------
how do you think the dance will go for Avery and Gray? & Wait isn't it the day Grayson has to break up with her?!
----------------------------------------------