Chapter 1

Loriana POV

"Can you please hurry the hell up!" JaKory yelled, banging on my room door. I rolled my eyes and swung open my door.

"What do you want?" I asked, with a frown on my face.

"Mom said you need to hurry up before the car leaves you and you know damn well pops ain't letting you out  house wearing that." He said, looking at the crop top I'm wearing.

I rolled my eyes and slammed my door in his face. I quickly finished applying my pink lipstick before grabbing my bag and shutting off all the lights in my room. I walked across the hall into my closet and quickly grabbed a cardigan in case my dad tried to say something.

I jogged down the stairs just as the driver honked his horn. Damn, I must be late or he has to come back here and pick up my dad. I walked into the kitchen and gave my mom a quick hug.

"Did you over sleep again?" She asked. I bit my lip and nodded slowly. She sighed and shook her head. "What book was it now?" She asked. She knows me to well.

"It was 50 Shades of Grey." I said. She busted out laughing making me smirk.

"Girl you done read that book twice already. I thought you said it was bad?"

"It is horribly written but it's interesting. Plus I was bored last night and I finished my homework." I said shrugging.

"Alright. Well you're late. The driver left 5 minutes ago so you're dad is taking you and your brother to school. He was the one honking. Also, put that sweater on cause you know how your father is." I nodded, slipping on the cardigan and buttoning it up.

"Ok, bye mommy. Love you." I said. I kissed her cheek before bending down and kissing her 7 month pregnant stomach.

"Bye Lori. Wait, you want something to eat?" She asked.

"No, Hannah got me Starbucks. I got to go." I said then speed walked out the kitchen all the way to the front door.

I closed the door behind me and walked to my dads Mercedes. I was about to open the passenger side door but noticed my brother was already there. I rolled my eyes and got into the back.

"Morning daddy." I said, putting in my seatbelt as he drove away from the house and through the open gates.

"Morning baby girl. Why are you so late this time?" He asked, waiting for my excuse.

"I was reading late last night and I guess I just dismissed my alarm and went back to sleep for an extra 30 minutes." I said causing him to chuckle and shake his head.

"Mhm. She was probably up talking to her little boyfriend." JaKory mumbled. I reached over and smacked the back of his head.

"Boyfriend? Since when? Lori you know damn well you're not allowed to date." My dad said. I sighed and sat back in my seat.

"I'm not dating dad. I'm not even interested in anybody. JaKory is just being an ass. You should ask him about all those freshman girls that be around him all the time." I said. JaKory turned around mugging me. I smirk and waved at him.

JaKory was forced to skip second grade by his school since his skill level was to advanced. I've heard I was a really smart child and that Ja followed in my footsteps but I just never skipped a grade cause my parents didn't want me do. I don't mind though.

"Y'all gonna stop this back and forth shit. JaKory you better not be entertaining these lil girls like as if you're grown. You're 13 years old and you know I'm not condoning any dating at that damn age. And you, Loriana, better not be looking at any boys." He warned.