Chapter 24

Loriana POV

February 16 at 11:37 pm. That's the time Ace took his last breath.

That was 4 months ago...4 long, horrible months ago. Nothing has been the same since. Family dinners are quiet, Aunty Tammy and Uncle Ant are always fighting. Chris barely talks to anybody anymore and Geana has been acting out like crazy.

As for me, I just feel completely empty. Ace was literally my best friend. We grew up together and did everything together. Like nobody really understands the pain of loosing someone until they actually do. I've contemplated doing so many crazy things and I've done shit I never thought I would do. Like nothing can fill this empty feeling I have.

Ace was suppose to graduate with me and go to college and be successful and happy. He wasn't even in the streets and some stupid ass decides to shoot him up. I really hate people like that. I know deep down inside that Ace did nothing to deserve that.

"Hey." I looked up from my book to see Chris enter my room.

He sat down in one of my bean bag chairs and pulled out his sketchbook. That's all we do these days. He draws to contain his anger and I read to keep from doing something reckless.

"Have you hurt yourself today?" He mumbled, not looking up.

"No." I replied, looking down at my wrist which were marked up with lines.

"Good." He said.

It was silent for a while until my phone started ringing. I looked at the screen and rolled my eyes.

"What?" I answered the phone.

"Wow, you actually answered my call." Rodney said then chuckled.

"What?" I asked again.

"How are you? I've been trying to check up on you but you've been avoiding me." He said.

"Shouldn't you be worried about your little girlfriend?" I scoffed.

"I don't have a girl Lori. I've been trying to tell you this."

"Honestly I don't even care anymore kid. You played me and that's that. You made me look stupid!"

"Man, I'm not about to argue with you over the phone. Come to my house real - never mind, I'm on my way." He said then hung up. I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone to the side.

Rodney was there by my side when Ace died and I welcomed the company because I just needed someone to cry on and count on. About a month later, I just started to avoid him. I'm still mad about that stunt he pulled the day off the shooting. He was so inconsiderate and rude. Oh and let me not forget how he left me in the mall. The saddest thing of all is that I still have strong feelings for him.

"Hey Chris, I saw Shayla a few days ago. She seemed very pregnant." I said. He only chuckled which creeped me out.

"She is and it's not my baby. Hoe was fucking around and really tried to pin that baby on me. You already know I had to leave that bitch alone to get my mind right." He said, smirking.

"Throwback with your corny ass." I laughed.

"Hey kids!" My mom walked into my room holding Nasir who was whining and throwing his head back.

"Hey mom. Wassup?" I asked. Nasir stopped moving and reached more me. My mom chuckled and put him on my bed.

"Oh nothing. Your grandfather and grandma were wondering if you guys want to go to Italy with them. I think it'll be a good getaway for you kids. I know things have been pretty stressful." My mom said with a warm smile. I don't know how she can stay so positive but she does a very good job at it.