Chapter 4

Loriana POV

I'm freaking out at the moment as Hannah is doing my makeup. I'm not use to sneaking out and lying to my parents and definitely not lying to security. I've seen JaKory get in trouble many times by my parents for being reckless and lying and I'm not trying to be put in that situation. Unfortunately, that's the position I'm in right now.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" I asked Hannah again for the hundredth time.

"Yes girl! The pool house is totally blocked off from the main house and we can leave through there and we will be totally out of sight. Plus it's dark outside." She said. I sighed and ran my hand through my straightened hair.

"Fine. But you don't think I look to thotty. I feel like I'm showing to much." I mumbled, trying to pull my shirt down more.

I'm wearing a plain white halter crop top, a pair of distressed jean shorts, and my all white Huaraches. I used some silver accessories to complete the outfit.

"You look sexy boo. It's gonna be hot in the house cause mad people will be there so you're fine. Plus, that ass is sitting so right, all the boys are gonna be sweating you." She gassed me. She boosted my confidence just a little bit. I better look as good as she's saying.

...

After a pretty long drive to our destination, we pulled up to a house that was packed. I could smell weed from inside the car and when we got out, it definitely hit me hard. I'm not use to smelling that since when my dad or uncles smoke, they make sure I'm not there.

As we walked closer to the house it all started to look familiar. It was that Avery kids house that Uncle Ty came to last time.

"This shit is turnt." Hannah said.

There was music playing but not mad loud like usually parties. Most people where smoking, drinking, playing drinking games, or having conversations. This is definitely not my scene seeing as I don't really talk to people and I don't smoke or drink.

"Ooo girl I see my mans. I'm gonna be back soon." I opened my mouth to protest but she already took off. I sighed and found a spot on the wall then lean back on.

I pulled out my phone and started to text Chris since he's the only one who wouldn't snitch on me about my location. This little kick back or whatever is not my idea of fun at all. I don't even know anybody here and my one friend abandoned me to go be with some boy.

"Hey ma," I looked up to see who was talking to me and met eyes with a tall guy standing in front of me.

"Um hello." I mumbled. I don't know him so it's extra weird for him to be talking to me.

"I seen you over here looking so sad and bored so I decided to come over and keep you some company." He says giving me a side smirk. I looked down at my phone finishing my text before locking it.

"I don't need nor did I ask for your company. " I said in the nicest way I possibly could.

"Oh well sorry ma but can I at least get your name?" He asked. I sighed and folded my arms across my chest.

I took this time to awkwardly look him over from head to toe. He's way taller than me and he's pretty buff. He's dressed really nicely and his hair had a fresh cut. He's pretty cute and he has a very sharp jawline like my uncle.

"My name is Lori." I said. He smirked and nodded.

"Nice name, different. My name is Miles. You new to the area cause I don't think I've ever seen you." He said.

"I don't live around these parts. I just came for the party." I mumbled.

"Well why did you come cause you look like you're having a horrible time." Why does he keep asking me questions. We don't even know each other.