Chapter 20

Aniah POV

"Ma, when is pops coming home?" Andre asked, walking into my room.

"He should be on his way. Your grandmother is on her way to pick you up so you can go to Dave and Busters with your cousins." I said.

"Granny is crazy mom. You know she got a lil boyfriend." He said making me laugh.

It's no lie that Jason's mom is crazy. I remember the first time we went to the club together, she got way more lit than me. It was the funniest sight ever. I still got videos.

"So you know how today is your dads birthday right? Well I've got a surprise for him. That's why you gots to go." I said, laughing.

"Hold up, why can't I be part of the surprise for dad and why is Clara staying home? Can I at least know what it is?" He asked.

"Well for starters, you and your dad tell each other everything so I know you won't keep it a secret. Also, Clara is sleeping and she's part of the surprise." I said.

"Did you buy him a new car?" He asked.

"No."

"Did you buy him a watch?" He asked.

"No."

"Did you-"

"DeAndre Michael, go get ready." I cut him off.

"Well damn, didn't have to say my middle name." He mumbled as he walked out my room.

Jason's mom soon came and picked Andre up. I checked up on Jason and he's on his way home so now I have to start to set up his little surprise.

"Mommy." Clara walked into my room, rubbing her eyes. She pouted and climbed onto the love seat.

"Hey baby." I kissed her cheek.

"Where's daddy?" She asked, looking around the room like as if he's going to pop out.

"He's coming. Come on let's get you all pretty." I said.

She followed me into her room and into her closet. I already had her outfit picked out so I undresses her and dressed her in her cute little outfit. She's wearing a plain long sleeve white top, black leggings, a faux fur vest on top, and her sparkly black Uggs. My baby girl was popping. I pulled her curly hair up into two big puffs.

I sat her on her bed and turned on her tv to preoccupy her while I finish getting everything ready.

I went into my room and I grabbed his gift and the gift bag. I placed it in the middle of the bed and around it I placed cute pictures of the family. I placed pictures down leading all the way out our room, down the stairs, and to the front door. I tapped one on the front door.

I smiled at my little presentation then jogged back upstairs. I changed my house clothes into a matching outfit like Clara. Honestly, she's only here because she's been a big baby lately and doesn't want to be without her parents so she might as well be in on the little birthday surprise.

I never do stuff like this so I know Jason is gonna be shocked.

I heard the front door open and I quickly went into Clara's room and picked her up. I walked down the stairs and saw Jason looking at the picture with a smile on his face.

"Hey hubby." I said, making him look up.

"Baby, this picture is from our first time meeting in Chipotle. I didn't even know you still have this." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Keep going babe." I said. He chuckled and continued to pick up pictures.

"Damn, the first time I met Andre." He mumbled. He smiled and continued.