Chapter 25

Loriana POV

I handed Rodney my page of answer and he looked over it. He got upset that I knew nothing about the NBA so he's been testing me against my will for the past hour.

"Can we please just watch a movie or something?" I whined, throwing myself across his lap.

"I'm taking you out in a bit. I have a surprise for you." He said then tapped me on my butt but I didn't feel like moving.

"Where? How should I dress?" I asked, playing with my nails.

"Just out to dinner so dress nice." He smirked.

Ever since we somewhat made up, Rodney has made sure to make me a priority and he's constantly checking up on me. I haven't told him that I've been cutting myself or that I smoke quite frequently because I know he's going to freak out. He will literally kill me. He will tell Anthony then he will tell my mom who will tell my dad and then there's my funeral.

"Maybe I should wear a short dress with my titties all out." I joked.

"Aight, don't get fucked up Loriana." He laughed.

We made small talk for a couple more minutes before he left to go home and get ready to take me out. I'm really anticipating this little date because we don't go on them really. We just enjoy each others company and some snacks.

"Hey boo." My mom walked into my room.

I stepped out of my closet and laid the dress that I chose on my bed that was just made by Lucia. Freaking love her.

"What's the dress for?" She asked.

"Dinner tonight with Rodney."

"That sounds fun. You should take him to Italy with you. You leave in 3 days and you haven't chosen anybody to go with." She said.

"Yeah, I'll ask. It'll be fun. Do you need something mom?"

"Yeah. I was just wondering if you're ok...you know since everything that's been happening. You know you can tell me anything and if you want, it can just be between us two." She said.

I don't know why my mom is acting all weird but it's creeping me out. Like she just seems so compassionate but in a way that she already knows that something is wrong.

"Healing is a long process but I think I'm doing fine. Just taking it a day at a time. I'm good though." I lied through my teeth. I'm miserable.

I wake up depressed and end up just isolating myself in my bedroom. I haven't attended a family dinner in a long time because I lie and say I'm sick. Most days I just hate myself for letting him go to the party and think I should've put up a fight for him not to go.

"Your father suggested...family counseling because we're worried about you and we want what's best for you." She said. I looked at her with a blank stare.

"I'm honestly fine mommy. I don't think counseling is best." I mumbled.

"Try it? Like you haven't been able to talk to someone about your feelings since everything happened and it's not healthy to keep everything bundled up. You know, we'll do it as a family and it won't all be about the death and coping. It can help our bond and other shit like that." My mom said making us both giggle. Ever since she had Nasir, she's tried cutting down on her cussing.

"If you really want it then fine mom, I'll go but I'm not promising that I'm going to open up to some weird lady who's gonna act like they know my life." I said.

"That's fine sweetie. I just want us to try it." She stood up from my bed.

"Ma, what have the blogs and media been saying about...us? I've been to annoyed to even look." I rolled my eyes.