Chapter 16

~Christmas Day~

Rodney POV

"It's the most wonderful time of the year!" Loriana sang making me want to duck tape her mouth shut.

She woke me up singing and she hasn't stopped. I ended up sleeping over her crib because my momma called telling me she's going back to New Orleans for an emergency. Lori didn't want me to be alone so I stayed with her.

"Yo best friend, we look so fly right now." She said as she recorded me on snapchat. I chuckled and pushed her phone out my face.

We are both wearing matching candy cane patterned onesies, all white Roshe Runs, and white nike hats with a black swoosh. Apparently her whole family comes over in the morning and there's a pajama competition and everyone opens gifts.

"You already know how we do." I said, dusting off my shoulder.

"Aww. You guys look so adorable!" I turned around to see Mrs. Ramirez in Santa Claus pajamas and baby Nasir was matching with her.

"We know." Lori said, flipping her hair. "Oh gosh! Look at my baby!" She said reaching for Nasir.

"I think little man got us beat in this competition." I joked.

"Jasmine! I'm gonna fucking kill you!" I heard a deep voice boom. I'm guessing that's Mr. Ramirez. I've yet to meet him.

"Baby, stop. You look very cute." Mrs. Ramirez said with a smirk.

I had to hold in my laugh when Mr. Ramirez came into view wearing matching pajamas with Mrs. Ramirez. He had the most unamused facial expression on his face. I'm over hear trying to be respectful and Loriana's crying laughing.

"I said get me some bomb pajamas cause I want to win this year. You got me this shit. I ain't trying to look like you." He sucked his teeth, lightly pushing Mrs. Ramirez.

"Stop laughing Lori. Over there looking like a midget ass ghetto candy cane." He joked. That's when he turned his attention to me.

"Daddy, this is my bestie Rodney. Rodney, this is my dad." Lori introduced us. No bullshit, I'm scared as hell. Mario Ramirez is even scarier in person than the stories you hear on the streets.

"Oh, you're Rodney. I've heard a lot from my wife about you. All good things so your lucky. You're Tasha's son right?" He asked.

"Yeah I am. It's nice to meet you Mr. Ramirez." I said holding my hand out for him to shake. He smirked and shook my hand.

"A young boy with manners, hmm. Feel free to call me Mario." He said. I nodded and pulled my hand back. He took Nasir out of Lori's arms and walked away from us.

"Wow, I've never seen my husband be so nice. It must be the holiday spirit." Mrs. Ramirez joked.

"Ma, you did daddy so wrong with them pajamas!" Loriana laughed.

"Aight ghetto candy cane midget, you can breath now." I said then chuckled. Lori rolled her eyes and hit my chest.

"Ma, take a few pictures of us. We have to flex for the gram." Loriana said handing her mom her phone.

We snapped a few photos with different posses, just goofing around. I can't wait to get some photos and videos of her opening her gifts from me because she got no idea what I got her.

Jasmine POV

"So give me all of you in exchange for me!" I sang loudly with Tammy, Summer, and Franny.

We've been fooling around all morning, embarrassing put kids and shit. It's what we do best.

"I swear, Bryson Tiller can get everything and more! That mans voice blesses my soul!" Summer said, rolling her eyes back.