Chapter 9

Avery POV

"So how are those college applications going?" Ty asked as we sat in the kitchen as my mom cooked dinner for us.

"Pretty good I guess. I've already applied to MCPHS and Suffolk University in Boston. I'm gonna apply to Howard University and Baylor University sometime this week." I said.

Applying for college is the most stressful thing on earth! It's expensive as fuck too. It's stupid cause you're gonna pay money to apply to a college you might not even get into. It's bullshit if you ask me.

"Aight, well once those acceptance letters start rolling in, we can plan some trips to them school. Before anything though, those grades better go up." He warned. I sighed and took I sip from my drink, not replying to him.

"What happened to Lori tutoring him?" My mom asked. I scoffed and stood up, going to the liquor cabinet and pouring myself more vodka.

"Loriana is in trouble right now but when that's over with she's gonna be tutoring you twice a week. You ain't about to flunk your senior year kid. I ain't raise no dumbass." He said. I sighed and nodded so he can just shut up about it.

"I ain't about to fail senior year. Plus, I can easily get into college on an athletic scholarship." I said then shrugged.

"That's cool or whatever but you can't be an athlete and stupid at the same time. Pull yourself together." He said then smacked my neck.

He's so damn annoying, always hitting me and shit. One of these days we're really gonna fight, no bull.

I finished up my drink and then put the glass in the dishwasher. I walked over to the stove and peaked over my mom, looking at what she was cooking. My stomach started to growl as I looked at her stir the chicken Alfredo.

"Damn mom, that shit looks good." I mumbled. I stepped back and say back in my seat.

"I've told you to stop all that cussing, especially in front of your momma." Ty scolded then smack my head. I sucked my teeth and scooted away from him.

"Damn Pops, stop hitting me all the time!" I complained, rubbing the back of my head.

"Stop acting up then lil boy." He snapped.

"Leave my baby alone Tyrese." My mom interjected. See, she always got my back.

"Stop babying him."

"Stop being mean to my baby." She said.

"Keep talking and I'll call off Friday night." Ty said making my mom roll her eyes and advert her attention back to the food.

"What's happening Friday?" I asked, looking between them two.

"I'm taking your mom out to watch that new movie Creed. Then dinner after maybe." Ty said. I laughed and shook my head.

"So y'all gonna try this dating shit yet again? Even I know that's gonna end up in a disaster yet again." I said, shaking my head.

"Last time me and your mom were actually in a relationship was damn near 5 years ago and at that time is wasn't a good place for either one of us." Tyrese said.

"Yeah, I know. You had some pregnant bitch up in your house talking bout she carrying your child. My mom found out, cheated on you, y'all broke up and didn't speak for a good six months, then I come home one day hearing y'all have make up sex. How can I forget." I said then chuckled. They both are not cut out for a relationship and I'm pretty sure everyone knows that.

"Well, Tyrese was a trifling ass nigga. Like who the fuck goes out and gets the next bitch pregnant then tried to hide it but had the bitch in the house everyday. Bet you are still fucking the same bitch till this day." My mom said. I feel like I'm in the audience of a Maury episode.