Chapter 26

DeAndre POV

I can not believe that I successfully flew on an airplane by myself. I was so damn nervous and just kept praying that I'm alive once this plane landed. Thankfully I made it to Chicago one piece.

I took it upon myself to come to Chicago and find my real father by myself since my mother refuses to help me. I told my pops and he helped me get a plane ticket, driver, and hotel room. He did make me apologize to my mom for cussing at her and I sincerely apologized. I don't usually lash out at her and cuss at her but I was just upset that she was thinking more about herself than me.

I got my luggage and proceeded to look for someone holding up a sign with my name on it. After looking for 5 minutes, I found a black guy in a suit holding up an iPad with my name showing. I walked over to him and introduced myself.

"I will be driving you around during your stay here according to your dad. I can take you bags." He said. I shrugged and let him carry my duffle bag while I kept my MCM backpack slung around my shoulder.

He led me outside and put my bag in the trunk of an all black Range Rover Sport. Damn, my dad did real good with setting this little trip up. I got into the car after the driver and he started to drive away from the airport.

"Aye, Uhm, can you take me to this address?" I asked him. I handed him a sheet with the address I'm trying to go to.

"Wow kid, what are you trying to do over at M. R. Co. building?" He chuckled.

"I've just got some questions that I need answering to." I said. He continued to laugh out plugged the address into the gps.

Now, I wasn't about to come to some weird city that I don't know about and not have a game plan. I couldn't figure out where my father lives but I did find out some other things. I kind of borrowed my moms old yearbook and i found out who we friends use to be. I googled every single person and the one I could find the most information on was some guy named Mario Ramirez. I found out where his corporate building is and I made an appointment to meet him but I made sure not to make anything obvious or sketchy. I know for a fact that he knows where I can find my biological father.

...

"Here you are kid. I'll be waiting out here for you." He said. I thanked him and got out of the car.

I took a deep breath then proceeded to walk into the building. This place is marvelous and so high end. There's so much silver and gold and glass and natural light. It looks like something out a movie. I finally snapped out of my daze and walked up to the reception desk.

"How may I help you young man?" The woman asked with a warm smile.

"I have an appointment with Mario Ramirez scheduled under DeAndre Randolph." I said. She went to her computer to look it up then wrote something on a sticky note.

"You're all set sweetie. Just go up to floor 3 which is where all the conference rooms are and he should be in room 7. Good luck." I smiled at her and took the sticky note.

I made my way onto the elevator and I was stunned. Even the elevator was fancy and had a cooler in it that held water. I've never seen anything like this in my entire life. This guy must be rolling in money.

I got to floor three and there was so many people walking around and talking. It's pretty busy. I shuffled through the crowd passing many conference rooms until I reached one that said 7. It had large glass walls allowing me to see inside and there was a young looking man holding a baby and a lady with maroon colored hair. I knocked then let myself in, closing the door.

"Are you the DeAndre I'm suppose to be meeting with?" Mario asked me. I nervously hesitated but nodded as an answer.

"Aw he's so handsome. He looks just like...never mind." The lady said. I'm guessing that's his wife based on the very large ring and how close she is to Mario.