Chapter 6

Rodney POV

"Ma, why we got to live here?" I groaned as I placed down the last box in the living room. I fucking hate moving.

"Because I got a really good job and I couldn't pass it up. I'm sorry you had to leave your friends and school but you'll make new ones and you'll like your new school." She said, trying to make this seem better than it actually is.

"Yeah aight. I'm not gonna like it here and I already know that." I mumbled.

I use to live in New Orleans, Louisiana but now I'm being forced to live in Chicago, Illinois. This place ain't home and never could be. All my friends and family are in N.O. and I'm here. None of my family wanted to let me stay with them so actually, fuck them.

"How about you go out and make some friends in the neighborhood." My mom suggested. I scrunched up my face at that suggestion.

"I ain't about to go walk up to people trying to make friends. Especially but in this bougie ass neighborhood." I said.

"This place is way better than our old place Rod. My new boss helped me pay for it." She said with a smile.

"Must be rolling in money then or he's just trying to get you in bed." She gasped and shook her head.

"You need to stop talking like that Rodney. It's inappropriate. If you must know, he's happily married with kids." She said.

"Who the fuck is this nigga?" I asked.

"He's Mario Ramirez and I'm his new assistant. His wife use to do it part time but since she's pregnant, she can't anymore." She said. I raised and eyebrows and scoffed.

"So you're working for him? Hm, heard he's a good dude or whatever. His daughter looks stuck up though."

Yeah, I do my research and I know about him. Who doesn't though, especially in the streets. His community center is where everybody goes and if you selling in the streets, you're bound to hear about him and the Jean organization at some point.

That daughter of his, forgot her name, looks like she has never lifted a finger in her life. It's irritating seeing her and her family on every magazine or news show like as if people really give a fuck. I swear, if you're rich, people feel obligated to know everything about your life.

"Don't judge a book by its cover Rodney. You don't know the girl so you can't say anything. Now, do me a favor and go organize your room instead of just standing here. Don't forget you have school tomorrow and I have work early in the morning." She said. I didn't reply as I walked past her and up the stairs to my room.

...

~Next Day~

Hoe
Hoe
Hoe
Rich Hoe
Hoe
Nerd
Hoe

That's all I'm seeing as I'm walking through this school right now. I'm barely seeing any decent girl with some respect for herself. But I guess that's the only way for these girls to get a dumb niggas attention. Then they be crying when he fucks and leaves her ass. Pitiful.

I walked into my English class and sat all the way in the back. I placed my textbook in front of me and slouched back in my seat.

I observed silently for a few minutes before an amused smirk appeared on my face. I watched as Mario Ramirez's daughter walked into the class without a care in the world, texting on her phone. I'm surprised she's not in some preppy private school.

"Excuse me." I turned my head to see her looking at me. I raised an eyebrow signaling her to go on. "You're in my seat. Can you move?" She asked sounding everything hut polite.