Chapter 30

Loriana POV

I have my next therapy session tomorrow and I've yet to tell anybody about what's going on with me. I've just been procrastinating and I'm scared about the reactions I'll receive.

"Baby, can we talk?" I asked Rodney. He paused his game then turned his attention towards me.

"What's up?" He asked. I sighed and looked down at my hands.

"I've been hiding something from you for a while now and I'm scared to tell you about it." I mumbled. He moved closer to me and lifted my head so that I'm looking right at him.

"I'm listening." He said, urging me to go on.

"So, after Ace died, I kind of fell into a depressed state. Like I wouldn't eat for days, I'll sleep till very late, and I isolated myself from everybody. Uhm, then I've been," I paused, not wanting to go on. I can't even cry because I'm so nervous.

"You've been what Lori?" He asked. I can see concern all over his face.

"I've been cutting myself. My wrist." I said. I rolled up my sleeves and showed him the scars.

He stayed silent but ran his fingers gently up and down the scars and fresh wounds. His jaw tightened and I could tell he wanted to yell.

"Loriana, what the fuck!" He asked calmly.

"I'm sorry." I said just above a whisper.

"Do you understand how dangerous what you've been doing is? You could, God forbid, die. Do you understand that you're effecting not only yourself but everyone around you?" He scolded.

"I know that. I'm sorry." I said.

"When was the last time you did this?" He asked. I bit my lip and looked away.

"A couple days ago." I mumbled.

"Fuck Lori." He groaned and shook his head. "I don't even know what to say."

"I'm sorry Rodney. Just don't leave me." I said.

"That's the last thing on my mind. You need love right now and I plan to give that to you but you need to love yourself first. Stop this mess. If it means I have to monitor you 24/7 or tell your parents to do it, I will." He said, giving me a straight face. I've never seen him so serious.

"Pleads don't tell my parents. They would go crazy. I promise to do better." I begged.

"It's not just about doing better. It's about you getting better. I need you to tell me how I can help you, help yourself."

"Just be here for me." I mumbled. That's all I really want.

We stared at each other in silence for a bit until we heard the front door open then close. It must be Mrs. Wright.

"Hey kids. Nice to see you Lori." She said,  smiling at us.

"Hey mom, how was work?" Rodney asked.

"Stressful but good. I put in some overtime hours so I'll get paid more." She said. She looked pretty stressed but still beautiful at the same time.

"Hey Ms. Wright." I waved.

"Hey sweetie. What have you guys been up to? Hopefully not trying to be grown." She looked back and forth between us.

"No mom." Rodney huffed and rolled his eyes. I laughed at his reaction because he looked so embarrassed.

"I'm just making sure because grandchildren are not what I want right now."she shook her head then left into the kitchen.

"I love your mom babe." I laughed.