Secrets: Preview

This is a preview to my new book and I would greatly appreciate it if you go read and comment! It's called Secrets‼️
++++++++++++++++++++++++

Tayeisha made sure that she was dressed and ready for work by 12:00 pm. She wore I tight nude dress that went past her knees, a pair of nude heels, and her hair was up in a clean and beat bun.

"Tay, can you come down here please?!" Apollo yelled from the stairs.

Apollo and Wanda, his wife, were up until late last night figuring how they were going to go about telling Tayeisha their news. It's obvious that she's not going to take the need good but she has no choice in this situation.

"Daddy, can we make this quick cause I have work and I don't want to be late." Tayeisha said, carefully walking down the stairs in her heels.

Once she got down the stairs, Apollo led her into the living room. Once Tay entered the living room, she spotted two men way larger than her and dressed in black suits with straight faces painted on their face. Confused, Tay took a seat and like clockwork, the two men walked over to her and stood on both sides.

"Who are they? I'm confused." Tayeisha said.

"You'll understand after I explain." Apollo said.

"Explain what?" Tayeisha rolled her eyes, already annoyed with this meeting type thing.

Wanda was obviously uncomfortable and she could even look her child in the face because she felt guilty. Although the situation is fucked up, Wanda understands it's for the best.

"Ok, baby girl, you know how I'm a business man," Tayeisha nodded her head. "I don't do the type of business you think that I do." Apollo said.

"What do you mean? Dad I know you own restaurants and clubs and a car dealership. What else? Did you build a casino or some shit?" Tayeisha joked. Apollo just sighed and took a sip from the glass of Hennessy in front of him.

"What I'm trying to say is that...I'm a drug trafficker. I supply other drug businesses with drugs and I have people working for me and they sell drugs for me. All the other businesses are just back up for me so that IRS doesn't suspect anything. This is something that ice been doing way before you were even born, we just thought it would be better if you didn't know." Apollo said.

Tay felt like a large bag of bricks fell onto her chest. She couldn't even say anything because she was so shocked. It seems like everything makes more sense now. Those days when her dad would have meetings in his den and cars were everywhere around the area. The endless amount of money flowing into their family. Her dad taking trips out of the country so often. Everything actually makes sense.

"Wow, why would you lie to me for a whole 21 years?" Tay asked. She wasn't mad, just shocked.

"It was best sweetie. Your father wanted to makes sure that you didn't have to worry about your safety or about his." Wanda spoke up.

"So do I have to worry now? Like...?" Tayeisha asked, starting to worry.

"No you don't. You've always been watched after by security. They were just always far enough for you not to see them. I always made sure you were safe." Apollo said. Tayeisha looked at the two guys beside her then rolled her eyes.

"That's a little unnecessary now. I don't like the idea of people watching me. It's weird." Tayeisha said.

"You'll get use to it." Wanda chuckled.

"Well, is that it?" Tay said, ready to go.

"Not yet. What I'm gonna tell you next is going to blow your mind." Apollo said. Tayeisha felt her heart rate speed up as she anticipated what's coming next.

"Ok...shoot."

"So back in the day, before your mom got pregnant, I think I just proposed to her. Business is going good and I'm making more money than I ever expected. Well, there was this other drug cartel that was just at the same level as mine. Normally, in order to be on the top, there would have be a turf war between us two. In this case, me and Emmanuel were old friends and we came to a compromise. We worked together instead of against each other and we started making money together."

"Wait, why am I listening to this? No offense but I don't care." Tayeisha stated. She's already bored from this story.

"Let me finish. As I was saying, we started making money together. About 3 months down the line we decided to solidify our unity and businesses working together. We wanted to make sure that our two businesses stay connected so we came up with...a deal." Apollo said then averted his eyes away from his daughter.

"Ok...what's the deal?" Tay asked, finally interested.

"You and his son get married when you turn 21." Apollo answered quickly then out his glass to his lips.

Tayeisha laughed, thinking she heard her dad wrong. She had to have because the funniest thing just came out his mouth.

"Stop playing dad. What was the deal." Tay asked, calming down from her fit of laughter.

"I'm serious Tayeisha. We arrange for you and his son together married once you both are 21 or older. He's 22, just a year older than you. This is something very official with a contract signed by all 4 parents. The contract has all the requirement and regulations." Apollo said.

Tayeisha's mouth dropped open and yet again she was speechless. The only thing she could do was ask herself why.

"Who the fuck gives their daughter away to a guy before she's even born! What if I don't like this guy! I don't want to get married, I just got out of college!" Tayeisha yelled then started crying. She grabbed her bag and stood up to leave but one of the large guys blocked her way.

"Please sit down sweetie. This is something that will be good for you." Wanda said.

"No, this is something that would be good Y'ALL. You guys just basically wrote my future for me. I swear to god, I'm not getting married to a man that I don't love and don't know. Y'all can find someone else cause I'm not the one." Tay said. She wiped her tears and huffed.

"Please just calm down. I'm telling you right now Tay, you have no choice. It's set and stone." Right after Apollo said that, voices were heard and footsteps were heard.

"Oh that must be your fiancée. Trust me baby, he's very cute." Wanda said, feeling bad for her daughter but trying to cheer her up.

"I'm not engaged and I don't care." Tayeisha mumbled.

The voices it closer and soon two figures appeared. Tayeisha looked up and her eyes widened. Right in front of her was the same guy she met at the club. He looked as fine as he did that night but at this moment, Tayeisha couldn't care. She was marrying this man by force and that's the last thing she wants to do.