Chapter 21

Loriana POV

Today is family game/ movie night at my house. Everyone comes over and we just have a good time. I love these nights because they're honestly can't hilarious and someone always catches feelings, usually Uncle Ty.

"What games are we gonna play tonight?" I asked my parents as they set up the den.

"We got poker for the adults, that dumb headband game, twister, checkers, and Apples to Apples." My dad said.

"Hm, that sounds fun. I know you're about to loose in all of them." I joked. He sarcastically laughed.

"Cállate la boca." He mumbled. I looked at my mom and she was smirking.

"Dad I don't get why you only speak Spanish when you cuss at us. You've been doing it for so long that I know what you're saying." I said.

"Yeah I should speak more too. Es una pena que usted no sabe cómo hablar español." He said. I rolled my eyes cause I know what he said.

He only speaks Spanish to my aunt Summer because they can both speak it and have a conversation. When he's really mad it slips out right in the middle of him speaking English which is funny at times.

"Well y'all didn't teach me or Ja so I don't know what you expect."

"Don't speak for me Lori cause I be listening to him on the phone sometimes and I caught on to a little bit. You just don't listen." I rolled my eyes and dismissed myself from the room.

I walked up the stairs and into the hallway just in time to hear Uncle Ty arriving.

"My favorite niece. You're looking beautiful." He said then pulled me into a tight hug.

"Thanks Uncle." I mumbled. He kept walking and Avery appeared behind him.

"Hey, Lori right?" He asked. I frowned and folded my arms across my chest. "I'm playing." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and smirked.

"Very funny Alice."

"Damn, Alice though? You're petty ma." He said. I laughed and started walking towards the stairs so I can get my phone from my room.

Once I got my phone I noticed a text from Rodney. He asked what time he should come over and I told him to start coming now. He's gonna be my ticket out of the craziness that's gonna go down tonight.

I slipped my phone into my joggers and put on my black Uggs cause my feet are cold. When I was about to leave my door open, making me jump a little bit.

"Oh, I thought this was the bathroom." Avery said, entering my room and closing the door behind him.

"Well it obviously isn't so why are you still in here? This is kind of rude." I said.

"Chill out." He said then invited him to sit down on my bed.

I tensed up and then narrowed my eyes at him. The only other guy other than family that's been in my room is Rodney. He's the only guy to be on my bed. Avery is crossing boundaries right now and it's making me uncomfortable.

"You chill out. You're invading my privacy right now." I scolded.

"You're suppose to be my friend. It's weird how you're not trying to get to know me." He said. I rolled my eyes and sat on the edge of my bed.

"What Avery. What do you want to talk about?" I asked with attitude laced through my tone.

"You tell me, ma. I know nothing about you." He said.

"That's mutual. Well you know my name and what school I go to. You know who my parents are. I guess I can let you know that I am Haitian, Puerto Rican, and African American. My favorite color is probably purple or maroon. Uhm...my favorite food is pizza. I really sound hella cheesy. I don't know what to tell you." I shrugged.