Chapter 31

Loriana POV

I woke up wrapped in Rodney's arms and his face tucked in my neck. I traced the tattoos on his arms, admiring the artwork.

Rodney came over after Avery left and we ended up talking then falling asleep. I had to air out my room severely to get rid of he smell of weed before Rodney starts asking questions I'm not trying to hear. I can't even imagine how he would react.

I turned my body around and started to place kisses all over his face. I can tell he was waking up because his eyebrows scrunched up together and his arms loosened up.

"Wake up." I whined. He slowly opened his eyes and looked directly at me.

"Morning." He grumbled then kissed my lips.

I continued to look at his tattoos and focused on the ones on his chest. He just had them all over and it's like he's a walking piece of art. All his tattoos blend together nicely and don't overlap.

"I just got a new one a few days ago." He said. He turned slightly and showed me the face and doves around it that were tattooed onto his shoulder.

"Who is that?" I asked rubbing my thumb across it.

"Lil C. So I know he's always with me no matter what." He said then turned back around.

"You really miss him, don't you?" I asked. He licked his lips then nodded.

"Yeah. It's hard but it gets easier as the days go by. I just have to keep reminding myself that God makes no mistakes." He said.

It was silent between us and I think we both didn't know what to say next. I wish I could cope with death as good as him but I just can't. It's hard and it just keeps getting harder and I don't know how to help myself.

"I should get up. I think I hear my father downstairs." I said then got up out my bed.

"I hope he don't freak about me being here." Rodney said as he checked the time on his phone.

"Probably not. He likes you which is surprising cause he doesn't like any guy that shows any type of interest in me." I chuckled.

I went into my bathroom and washed my face and brushed my teeth. I rinsed my mouth with mouth wash then water. I put my curly hair into a bum to mask my bed head then slipped on a pair of sweatpants.

I left my room and jogged down the stairs, smelling breakfast and hearing Spanish music blasting. I walked to the kitchen with a smile and it grew wider when I saw my baby Nasir crawling.

"Aw, he started crawling!" I squealed. "Good morning daddy, mom, and Lucia." I said with a smile.

"Good morning sweetheart. Why are you so giddy this morning?" My dad asked.

"Su novio, si?" Lucia asked with a smile. I blushed but shook my head no. She about to get me caught up.

"Novio? Hm, let me find out acerca de cualquier novio, niña." He told me. He's so extra know damn well he don't be speaking Spanish like that but now he wants to.

"Leave my baby alone. She's grown." My mom spoke up.

"Thank you mom." I kissed her cheek then traveled towards the stove.

I was making my plate then I remember the guy that showed up at the house last night.

"Oh daddy, last night there was this guy that came to the house asking for you. He said to tell you that DeMarcus stopped by." I shrugged. His face changed along with my moms and they sat up in attention.