Conflict 2: Sky

Name blinked once. Twice.

She resisted the urge to rub her eyes and instead she shook her head lightly. When she raised her face up again she saw that he was still standing there. He was still there with the same gold hair and green eyes.

She was quiet until he sat between her and the window, "Looks like we'll be spending the next few hours together, neighbor."

It took Name a few seconds to realize what's going on before she replied, "Yeah, I guess so"

'I'm a moron. Sit there and just stare, why don't 'cha?' Out of reflex, she smacked her face, and hung her head. Before an awkward silence could cover them, the Brit cleared his throat.

"So, is this going to be your first time in England?"

She looked at him, "Second. First time was back when I was still a freshman in college"

"You said before that you're going to be attending a medical school there-which?"

She tapped her lap and told him the name of the school, "A professor recommended me"

"Impressive"

"Thanks but you won't think I'm so impressive when you find out that I cram for test and quizzes because I tend to procrastinate"

He chuckled, "What do you do when you procrastinate?"

"Oh, you know; play videogames, watch anime, and read books that are unrelated to your subject. The basics"

"Videogames, eh?" He had an unknown emotion glinting from the corner of his emerald eyes. Was that annoyance she sensed?

"What is it?"

"A certain person just came into my mind"

The girl was going to change the subject in order to relieve him but a loud voice called from the entrance of the plane, "Yo, Artie dude!"

She glanced at the Englishman whose entire being froze. An expression screaming "Oh HELL no" printed on his face.

Name turned her head and found a tall blonde young man (maybe around his early 20's) in a blue jacket.

He hyperactively skipped towards Name and Mr. Bushy Brows' seats. Up close, Name could see that the lad wore black-rimmed glasses, and a single strand of sand-colored hair defying gravity.

"Thirteen-C" He read before he grinned goofily down at the Brit, "Looks like we'll be spending the next whoknowshowlong hours together, Artie!"

'Artie?' Name repeated the name in her head.

"Ame—Alfred!" Artie stood up, "Why are you here?"

The taller blonde laughed, "Isn't it obvious? I'm on my way to your place for the meeting!"

"No, of course I know, you git! I mean why here!" Artie pointed down at the empty chair next to Name, "Why this plane? Why THIS seat?"

"But Artie—

"It's Arthur. ARTHUR! Not Artie! How many times must I tell you, you hamburger idiot! Shouldn't you be on a private jet with your boss?"

They started to take turns volleying insults. They didn't stop until a flight attendant asked them to take their seats as the plane's about to take flight.

"So," Alfred buckled his seatbelt, "are you Artie's girlfriend or something?"

Name and Arthur whipped their heads at the same time, "Oh no, no, no" they said in unison. Cheeks flushed.