Conflict 10: Smirk

"Get out of my way!" The girl watched him lift his arm as he came faster and faster towards her, ready to shove her out of the way.

   Everything happened in a flash. She didn't dodge or scream as most bystanders would have, instead in one swift motion she caught the crook's wrist and used her free hand to grab his nape and force him down to crouch. Locking his arm, she kneed his stomach then his groin before stepping on his toes with the heel of her boot. With a groan, the man let go of the camera he held and fell to ground, folding himself into a fetal position with his hands on his groin attempting to stop the pain.

   "Hey!"

   She turned around and the three guys approached her.

   "Are you all right?" The black-haired one was Japanese, the girl recognized his accent and the way his tongue had difficulty with 'l', rolling it with the 'r'.

   "Poor bella, that must have been so scary! Are you okay?" The brunette with a single strand of hair standing up from the rest and amber eyes pulled the girl into a friendly embrace in attempt to comfort her. Though it was completely unnecessary for she wasn't shaken at all.

   "I'm fine, but" She handed the brunette—Italian, she assumed—the camera that the thief dropped, "This is yours, right?"

   "Ah, yes!" The Japanese held the camera to his chest and bowed, "Dōmo arigatōgozaimasu"

   "That was a close call" The tallest of the three young men who had slicked back blonde hair and icy blue eyes spoke, "Are you injured anywhere, miss?"

   She didn't answer though. She thought that the voice and sense of seriousness was familiar. 'This guy, and that accent, I swear I've seen him before...'

   "Pet Society!"

   "I'm sorry?"

   "You gave me a bag of dog food once" She picked up Oatmeal who was growling at the man on the concrete, "Oatmeal, say 'thank you' to the man who gave me your food" The puppy stared at the blonde before waving his paws affectionately as if trying to reach him.

   "Ve, what a cute puppy!"

   "...Kawaii"

   The brunettes cooed, doting on the tiny ball of fur.

   "Uh" The blonde stood awkwardly, not knowing what to do. The girl noticed this and spoke to him, "I'm Name by the way. Oatmeal really loved the dog food"

   "Y-you're welcome" He replied, surprised when she talked to him.

   "Sorry but I didn't get your names"

   The brunette turned to her "I'm Feliciano, this is Kiku" he gestured at the man who was taking photos of the puppy who stared adorably at the lens of the camera, "And this" He patted the blonde on the shoulder, "Is our friend, Ludwig"

   Suddenly, he had an idea, "Bella, do you wanna eat dinner with us?"

   "What?" She and Ludwig said in unison.

   "I really like you, so do you wanna have dinner with us? Our treat"

   The girl didn't think much for her answer. She found the bubbly Italian's openness to be refreshing. Nodding she said, "Who doesn't like free food?"

   "Ve, it's decided then!"

"I can't believe that this place lets animals in the restaurant" Name said, watching Oatmeal devour a bowl of chef's secret dog food.