Epilogue

Author's Note: The last part of the epilogue is based on this episode from How I Met Your Mother. I hope you guys enjoy it! :D

During our most difficult times, when we're forced to make sacrifices; we try to find something... Something to help us move forward.

Fear. Hesitation. The split-second choice. It resounded inside her continuously. She hated it. That kind of coldness that seared through her entire being. It was like burning and freezing at the same time.
She hated it.

Do it. Do it.

"BITCH!"

Just do it... 

"Name?" The young woman shook away her thoughts and saw Ludwig looking back at her with blonde brows knitted together in confusion and concern.

After the incident, Name suffered from recurring nightmares that kept her up all night. Despite her insistent denial, everybody else was just as persistent to try and comfort her.

Ludwig found out that one of her hobbies was shooting, and invited her to the range hidden beneath the hotel. She accepted and they went together that afternoon. He had lent her one of his guns and equipment since she obviously didn't bring one to England.

"Aren't you gonna fire?" He asked, eyeing the untouched handgun in her holster.

"I-I was just thinking about my exams after the break is all" She lied and adjusted her ear muffs.

She spread her feet over shoulder-length apart. In one swift motion, she pulled out the gun and at the same time a magazine from the holster around her waist. She pushed the magazine inside the pistol and cocked the hammer before promptly aiming at the metal target that was around five yards away. Focus. You don't need get scared or hesitate.

Focus. Just do it and it'll be over.

Centering the front sight between the rear sight, Name inhaled and held her breath.

Do it.

Do it.

Do it.

Name exhaled as she squeezed the trigger.

The bullet went straight into chest.

"Nice shot" Ludwig said, crossing his arms.

Name felt herself smile just faintly and she pushed her protective goggles up to her nose. An unexplainable gust of satisfaction and security blew through her heart. It was like she just shot her fear. It felt good. She loved it.

She kept firing, all the bullets grouped around the same place. She kept firing until she exhausted her ammo.

It felt good. Squeezing the trigger, that is. She felt like she was in control.

That night, she slept well.

We try to find a reason to keep moving.

***

Name just finished her shift and was already on her way to her and the Germans' suite. She was exhausted from work but found it relaxing, it kept her too busy to think about anything else.

She turned the knob, the keys clanged against the wood.

Name's eyes widened as she went inside. Her close country-friends were gathered inside the spacious living room wearing goofy cone-shaped party hats. Dozens of fairy lights used hung from the walls. The Solids' Hey Beautiful blasted from the speakers. Her name was printed across a banner that they pinned to the wall where one would see it immediately from the door.

Feliciano was the first to speak "You don't need to admit that you're not fine. That's okay, we won't force you..."

"But we're here for you" Lovino finished.

The young woman stood frozen as a statue, speechless. She placed a hand on her lips, trying to stop herself from whimpering. However, she couldn't stop the tears from forming in the corners of her eyes.

She walked over to the Vargas and gave them a hug, telling the others to join in.

We try to find a reason to not stop trying.