Conflict 12: Jealousy

Name couldn't believe the situation she was in.

   She thought about making an excuse but the evidence was concrete, clear as day. Even to Feliciano whose amber eyes stared at her, wide and surprised. Kiku and Ludwig were also baffled, too baffled to even blush or stutter out something.

ROUGHLY 24 HOURS EARLIER

It was supposed to be an uneventful Saturday for Name who planned on studying for several hours before finishing Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. She was the type to devour a book in one day when given a chance, and depending on her mood may start and finish another one. She didn't have any plans with Arthur, or Alfred or any of her somewhat newly found friends.

   When the package arrived outside her door that noon she had no idea who would've sent her such a thing: a rectangular gift box half her size wrapped in white paper and a gold ribbon tied to a bow at the lid. It was fancy, almost suspicious.

   She decided to bring it in though, and that's when she saw it. The white card with gold accents. An invitation. It read:

Bella, fratello and I bought this for you. We think that it'll suit you perfectly. We're hoping that you can attend the party that will be held at the Rosewater Inn this evening. We want to introduce you to more of our friends. Don't worry about your ride, we have that covered for you. Please, come. It's going to be fun!

With love,

Feli

PS

We'll also send someone for Oatmeal so while you're partying he can make friends with Ludwig's dogs at the hotel's pet spa.

   The girl, curious, laid the box down on the couch and gently tugged the bow and removed ribbon. Lifting the lid up, she peeked inside and she almost gasped.

   Inside the box, protected by translucent pink and blue paper was a scarlet mermaid dress with a sweetheart neckline. She was touched by the gesture and she thought that, knowing the Vargas brothers too well, returning the dress and declining their offer would only upset them. So she spent the majority of the afternoon preparing for the night's event.

   "We're here, miss" Said Cedric, the stoic English chauffer of the black limousine that was hired by the Vargas brothers to pick the young woman up for the party. He got out the vehicle, surprising Name, and walked over to her door to open and help her out.

   "Oh, thank you" She placed her hand over his gloved one and stepped out the car and onto the bare pavement of the Rosewater Inn's front. Cedric bowed and with a tip of his black cap, returned inside the limo and drove away.

   With a deep breath and hesitance in her movement, she stepped inside five-star hotel lobby, which was more crowded than usual with various people. Women were in fancy floor-length dresses and men in custom-tailored three-piece suits. Name gulped. She felt out of place and was considering of escaping before it was too late... but then it was.

   "Bella!" Feliciano's voice hovered above the noises of the strangers. She forced a smile on her lips and greeted him and Lovino who was tailing him.

   "You look breathtaking!" Feliciano gave her a hug, "I knew that the dress would look great on you. Right, fratello?"

   She and the younger brother turned to Lovino who had his gaze cast downwards.