Conflict 15: Progress

"So this is what comic con looks like" The young woman readjusted the leather straps of her knapsack upon entering the Rosewater Inn's private park which was flooding with otaku and booths.

"Is this your first time at comic con, Name-san?" Kiku asked.

"Name. Na-me" She corrected him.

"N-name..." He struggled. Honestly, Name thought it was adorable, it reminded her of Matthew though they had different reasons. Kiku was too polite. Matthew was too shy.

"I wanted to but I couldn't because when they were held someplace near me I'd be too busy"

"I understand" They started walking side-by-side "I'm curious. What kind of anime do you watch?"

"It varies. Same with books, I always end up finding something I don't expect and then next thing I know... I fall in love" She replied, smiling.

"I see" He grinned faintly.

"Choco cornets!" She ran towards a chalkboard menu. Written in bubblegum pink and baby blue were the words Rose Palace. On the bottom was a cute drawing of a chocolate cornet along with a strawberry tart and apple pie.

"Rose Palace is both a maid and butler café, it's new but its sweets are delicious. It's grown quite popular"

"Cool. I've never been to such a café" She clamped her hands together excitedly "I bet Al won't be here for a while. Is it okay if we wait inside?"

"I don't mind" They went inside.

"Welcome home, masters" A maid and butler curtseyed and bowed respectively upon seeing the two customers.

"Table for two?" The tall butler asked. Name nodded.

"Right this way, please"

"This is a really fancy place" The young woman observed as she bit her chocolate cornet. Unlike most cosplay cafés, the Rose Palace had luxurious white furniture and expensive champagne lightings to compliment the marble floor and floral walls.

"It is an extension of Rosewater Enterprises" Kiku explained, swallowing the cherry blossom mochi "The chefs are professionals and have been personally fished out from culinary schools by the Head of the Rosewater House who believe it or not is an otaku"

"Seriously?" She breathed.

"Hai" He nodded "The uniforms are custom-made, and were made by famous Italian tailors"

"Wow... That's dedication"

"Hai" He beamed, "I appreciate how Miss Rosewater took everything in detail and paid attention from café exterior to service. The waiters and waitresses are required to speak at least three different languages and must have an extensive knowledge on anime and manga..." He paused when he saw leaning on her elbows, watching him with a mysterious small smile.

"Is something wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just that for someone so calm and quiet..." Her smile became a smirk "You're pretty passionate, aren't you?"

"Eh..." He folded his hands on his laps, looking away.

"Why are you so shy about?" She said "It's nothing to be ashamed of. Enjoying what you love"

"Yes, but that's like saying... 'it's okay to hurt a person because it's amusing'"

She raised a brow "I'm trying to be supportive yet here you're being snarky. Kind of counter-productive, don't you think"