20.5

"Come on, bella!" Feliciano persisted, pulling the curtains open and letting warm morning sunlight enter the cold room, receiving a groan from the girl who had herself wrapped around white sheets.

"Feli, I know you're trying to cheer me up and all, but I'm perfectly fine" She said, as Oatmeal climbed onto her bed and licked her face.

"But look bella" He gestured at the window "The sun is shining. Let's go outside! Outside is good, si?"

"If outside is so 'good' why do we pay so much money for houses?" She asked with a teasing smirk.

"Um... I dunno but—come on, bella!" Feliciano pulled her arm, "Please? Pretty please?"

"No, not the puppy-dog eyes!" She uttered as Feliciano brandished his strongest weapon: the left-in-the-rain-sulking-puppy-pout.

"Uh, alright. Oatmeal and I could use the exercise" She said, laughing and he jumped back on the ground.

"Yay! I'll go call big brother Romano!" The Italian bounced out the room.

Finally forcing herself up from the bed she washed up and changed into a sweater and jeans. Upon finding Ludwig outside, she greeted him.

"Good morning, too" He replied, reading the newspaper on the couch "Want some breakfast?"

"Sure, what do we have?"

"Uh... sausage, and orange juice, and... more sausage" He said regrettably, remembering that she was vegetarian.

She smiled "Good thing we have a free fruit bowl" She sat down next to him after swiping an apple from the coffee table "Thanks for letting me stay here"

"It's no problem" He reassured "That's what friends do, right?"

"Right" She nodded "But are you sure you don't want me to pay you back my share?"

"Well..." He tapped his chin "You're a good cook"

She laughed "Okay, I'll be your personal chef for the week"

"Bella, you ready?" Feliciano's voice rang from the hall.

"Be there in a minute!" She called back. She patted Ludwig's thigh "See ya later"

"Careful"

"Wanna go shopping, ragazza?" Feliciano asked as they walked pass a boutique.

"Nah, just looking at that salesgirl's makeup tells me that I can't afford a sock from that store"

"Well if you're not going to shop then let's go eat. I haven't had any breakfast yet" Lovino grumbled.

"Sure, what do you guys have in mind?"

"Figures" [Name] whispered as they stood in front of a rustic Italian bistro, "Can we eat in one of the booths? I don't want to leave Oatmeal out here"

"Si, of course. Here" Feliciano pulled out a seat for her and she sat down thanking him. Neither of them heard the older Vargas curse his brother.

A twenty-something-year-old waiter came and handed each of them a copy of the menu, "Good morning, welcome to Pascal's. I'm your waiter, Ross"

"Do you have any recommendations for a vegetarian?" [Name] asked, opening the menu.

"Well, personally, I recommend the pizza"

"Oh, can I have a small-sized one of that?" She smiled at him.

He must've gotten the wrong message because he flashed a flirty smile which did not go unnoticed by the Italian brothers. The waiter bent down to rub the underside of Oatmeal's jaws, "Cute dog"