Conflict 13: Persistence

Forty-eight.

   It has been forty-eight hours since the incident with that douchebag Mathias. It has been forty-eight hours since she last spoke to anyone from the party. Name couldn't turn her phone off, her parents would've had her head, so she just ignored any call that was from Arthur and Alfred who both had her number.

   'I should probably talk to Feliciano and Lovino' She stared at the photo of the human cerebrum on the page of her textbook, 'I wonder how much that dress costs... Probably a lot. I think I saw it in an issue from Vogue once. This is just too frustrating!' She groaned and slammed her forehead down on the book.

   "What is up with you?" Arin asked, sipping her favorite orange juice, staring strangely at her friend. Allen took a bite off the banana he bought from the cafeteria, "You look pale. Have you been getting enough sleep lately?"

   'Of course not. Who could sleep properly after what happened?'

   She huffed, "I'm fine"

   "Well, you don't look fine" Arin replied, "Don't push yourself too hard. If you get sick and miss that test next week you'll fail"

   "I know, I know. You're right. I just" She inhaled, "I've been a little distracted these past few days"

   "Oh, distraction, hm?" Arin squinted her eyes suspiciously, "And courtesy of who?"

   "What makes you think it's a 'who'?"

   "Gut instinct"

   "Well, whatever the reason, you're not gonna find out" Name tied her hair into a ponytail, "Let's just study"

   'Before a distraction comes up'

   "There she is. Name!" A high-pitched voice called out from behind her.

   "Hm, I wonder what Her wants with you" Arin asked.

   "Probably has something to do with that guy" Allen swallowed.

   Name straightened her back, 'That guy?'

   'Oh, dear lord no. Please no' Name peeked over her shoulder, and once again, her wishes have been ignored. Making his way towards her and her friends' table, following the two-faced wench, was none other than Mathias. (Or, as he she decided to call him in her head "The Blonde Douchebag".) His blonde hair stood up the same way they did the first time they met, but instead of a suit he wore a scarlet shirt with ¾ sleeves and denim jeans. He was smiling like the idiot he was.

   'Don't come here. Don't come here. Don't come here. Don't come here. Don't come here.'

   "Hey, Name" Hershey said, "Mathias asked me for you"

   'Oh, shut it, bitch'

   "Thanks, Her" Mathias patted her shoulder. She smiled, "No problem. Bye" She waved at him then at Name and her friends before leaving.

   "Can I borrow you for a second?" Mathias asked Name who quickly made an excuse.

   She picked up her tray, "Sorry, my friends and I have some studying to do. C'mon guys" She motioned her chin towards the library. Her friends cleaned up their stuff and they left Mathias staring at them.

   "Spill" Arin demanded when they entered the library.

   "Spill what?"

   "Uh, cute blonde dude shows up in school looking for you and you dodge him. Something's up"