Conflict 3: Coffee

"All right, that's just about it" Name straightened her back and let out a relieved "phew" as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

She just spent the last two hours lifting and dragging boxes of all sizes from the truck parked in front of her new apartment complex up to her room. They were heavier than expected and even though the driver insisted that he and his crew do all the work she persisted to help end the job faster.

"Thanks again!" She waved at the men in matching uniforms. The driver tilted his cap, "Thank you for the biscuits, miss" He replied holding up a bag of cookies. He and his men eventually left the room, closing the door quietly behind them.

Left alone, Name looked around her new place. Cobwebs were woven in the corners and crannies of almost everything. The windows were foggy. Layers of dust covered every surface available. The apartment certainly appeared as though nobody has lived in it for years. That or the previous owners were complete pigs.

The young woman let out a groan but shushed the annoying little voice in her head that kept telling her to ditch her chores and take a stroll around the city.

'That little tour will have to wait' She shook her head, comforting herself with a vision of a nice and tidy apartment and a warm bed with clean sheets that will welcome her when she returns home every night from now on.

Grinning subconsciously at the picture in her mind she rolled the sleeves of her sweater up to her elbows and tied her hair into a loose messy bun before searching for the box labeled CLEANING SUPPLIES. After she found the supplies, Name began working.

Two exhausting hours later, she unpacked.

She started with the bedroom.

There was a double-deck bed inside which she decided to be both a place to sleep on and a mini-library. Only the upper bunk had a mattress so Name covered it and decorated it with an array of flea store-bought throw pillows. The lower bunk was empty when the girl arrived so she decided it will become her new bookshelf; towers of various books of various genres lay next to one another.

Name was almost tempted to throw herself on the bed and read a book for the rest of the day.

However, she shook the thought away and immediately arranged her clothes inside the closet and dresser. She put her makeup brushes in a big cup on her vanity and her makeup inside the drawers.

There was a small desk where she placed her laptop and school supplies on. Her medical books were the only ones separated from the rest of her collection. She left her PS4 in its box, telling herself that she'd set it up in the living room once she bought the new video game she's been dying to get.

Before she left, however, she found herself staring at a certain book on the pile in the bottom bunk.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Name licked her lip and remembered how she bade farewell to her seatmates in the plane.

The girl stared at individuals greeting their relatives and chauffeurs waiting for their clients. She sighed, her heart dropping. With a hesitant turn on her left foot she forced a weak smile on her face, "I guess this go—What the?" Her words are cut short and she gasped in surprise when a pair of strong arms wrap around her form and effortlessly dragged her off her feet and to a broad chest.

"I'm gonna miss you, dudette!"Alfred cried into her hair. As expected, a string of unpleasantly colorful words left their third companion's lips.

"You git, put her down!" Arthur angrily said.

Alfred pushed his tongue out at the Englishman, "You're just jealous 'cause I get to hug her"