12.5 Alfred

Things were going awesomely as ever. Surprisingly enough, Britain did a great job organizing this party.

I was laughing with my bros, Prussia and Denmark. Denmark started talking about this new girl he planned on hooking up with but I lost interest and I found my mind wandered elsewhere. An uncomfortable seat in a cooped up airplane. The inside of an arcade with its flashing LED lights and loud sounds of cheering kids and techno music. A newly bought PSP. An old air hockey mullet. Nostalgia waved over me but I could feel my lips curl further up into an even wider smile. I wondered when I'd be able to see her again.

'Maybe I can ask to borrow a videogame from her again. Ugh, But I dunno what she has...' I stopped myself from shaking my head, it'd change their viewpoint of my being "carefree and lighthearted".

"The clown must fail deliberately so he can perform with amazing accuracy the next chance he gets so that the crowd will be awed and enamored even more" Something like that.

"Anyway" Denmark said just as I managed to push the thoughts away "They're only serving champagne here, I think I'll head over to the bar first"

"Ja, okay"

"Alright, dude"

Denmark left for the open bar across the hall.

Feeling thirsty after Denmark's sudden craving, I walked over to the buffet but then I noticed a familiar figure pouring punch in a glass that was already overflowing. I felt myself smile even more (if that's possible) and opened my mouth to shout her name as others expect of my behavior. But I'm stopped when I felt the hairs on my nape stand. This aura...

My teeth tightened when my eyes confirmed my gut instincts. I felt my blood rush in anger. The Russian jerk was talking to Name again, and he even had his hand on hers! She looked around nervously for some reason. Poor thing, I don't blame her for feeling scared. Don't worry, Name! The hero will save you.

"What the..." The two of them made their way to the dance floor where Russia put a hand on Name's back with the free one holding hers. I've noticed that the music has mellowed down, and the two have begun to dance. My knuckles tightened and so did my jaws as I watched Name rest her head on the Russian bastard's chest. I was speechless, and so was half of the people in the room.

After the dance and song finished, I immediately ran over to Name with Prussia, Germany and my baby brother following me. Russia disappeared into the crowd. Good. I was not in the mood to deal with him.

As I was delivering a speech about how she should avoid Russia, Prussia strangled me with an arm around the neck, "Alfred, bro, may I have a talk with you in private, please?" He hissed but grinned at Name "Excuse us, for a moment" He then dragged me away to a corner. I knew that there was something with the way he spoke to me but I kept my smile even when we were away from Name and the others.

"What do you wanna talk about, Prussia?" I asked him as he pulled back his arm.

"Why are you hitting on Name?" He asked, craning his neck. He was obviously irritated.

Oh, so he likes her too, huh? "I'm not hitting on her" I replied, faking innocence "And even if I was why do you care?"

"I don't care" He replied, but I can read him like a book. He's not that good a liar "I was interested in her and I thought zhat maybe you were too"

I felt my left brow twitch. My fists closed and clenched on my sides. However, my smile remained on my face and I forced out my trademark laugh. Sorry, Gilbert, you need to go find some other girl to play with. I'm not letting you touch this one.