Chapter 14 - Smile

Aubrey's POV

Owen walked into the house almost after one in the afternoon the next day.

"Owen!" I exclaim.

I almost didn't recognize him when he walked in because his head was shaved.

"Owen?" I ask.

"What?" he says, walking past me and into the kitchen where I was cooking for Layla and the idiots.

"You're hair," I say, pointing to his head.

"What about it?" he asks.

I put the pot I was holding down.

I stare at him. "Why did you do that?" I ask.

"Since when do you care?" he says, then I remember that I said those exact words to him when he found me at the bar.

And now I knew how much it hurt.

Especially coming from Owen.

He pulls up his hood as he jostles past me.

I put my hand on his arm, but he shakes it off.

"Fine, I don't need you to answer me." I say loudly.

He ignores me and goes up the stairs. A few seconds later, I hear the door slam shut.

I pick the pot full of soup up again, and I go back to cooking.

But Owen's words and actions didn't make any sense at all. And he loved his hair, so why the sudden change?

I set the pot down again and headed up the stairs.

Then I stopped at Owen's closed door.

Loud music was blasting from the room, and rock filled the room. Owen hated rock, something definitely was up with him.

I knock twice and when he doesn't come to the door, I open it slowly.

He was lying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling.

"What aren't you telling me?" I ask, crossing my arms to tell him I was being serious.

"Shouldn't I be the one to ask you what aren't you telling me?" Owen shoots back.

He was right, I was hiding one of my own secrets. But this was Owen we were talking about.

He never kept any secrets because he always told them to me first.

"I'm the one who's hiding something? What about your hair?" I throw my hands up in the air.

"It's my hair! Why the sudden interest? And I thought that you didn't care if I answered you or not!" he shouts.

"Okay," I take a breath. "that is so not the point,"

"Then what is?" he says coldly.

I feel tears edging into my eyes. I didn't like this Owen.

"Do you remember when you asked me if I knew who I was?" I ask, my voice choking on the words.

He nods but doesn't say anything.

"Maybe you should ask yourself that, too." I say, turning on my heel, but then I turn around again.

"Because I don't who you are anymore."

Liam's POV

Another day full of lying girls passed by, I was getting sick of this same routine everyday.

And as I was packing up my books, Louis approached me.

"Li?" by the sound of his voice, I could tell that whatever he was about to say, wasn't going to be good.