Chapter 17 - You Again

Aubrey's POV

I turn and look at my body in the mirror.

The light pink dress hung to my body just perfectly with a white belt across the middle. It was finished off with a big light pink bow connected to my dress on the top of my dress, just above my chest.

I turn this way and that, but something was missing.

I smooth back my dress, but then I remembered what.

I scramble over to my small dresser and picked up a small, blue charm bracelet.

It slides on perfectly and I look at myself in the mirror again.

It was slightly better, but it was still missing something.

Maybe it was my hair because I didn't do anything to it. I only washed it, and then dried it.

But it wasn't that...I felt like there was some emptiness in my heart.

Like maybe I was going with the wrong guy.

I shake the thoughts away from my head. Of course I wasn't going with the wrong guy. Connor is to die for, he's cute, he's on the football team, every girl is in love with him, and...

I couldn't think of anything else to describe him.

I heard a honk outside my window and I rush over to it, and opened it. I glance down and see Connor waving at me, so I quickly grab my white purse, and rush down the stairs, careful so that I wouldn't trip on my heels. They hurt a lot, but I guess this was how I was supposed to dress if I was going to be dating the Connor Boyce.

I was just about out the door when someone grabbed my arm roughly.

Layla and the idiots.

"Where do you think you're going?" Layla asks.

The remaining two idiots both crossed their arms. "Yeah," they echo.

"Shut up!" Layla barks.

They immediately quiet down and glare at me.

"So, as I was saying, where are you going?" Layla continues, a sneer creeping into her voice.

"The dance," I say slowly, knowing what came next.

"No, you're not," Perrie and Eleanor sneer.

"Of course I am," I say, glancing nervously between all of them.

"Well, you're not going until you vacum the driveway, all of our rooms, get on your knees and scrub the laundry room and the kitchen, and...and," Layla pauses.

"And what?" my voice quivers as I say this.

"Well, I'll let you off easier. Just that, but you still can't go," her words break the last remaining hope that I had left.

"Why, why not?" I ask.

"Because either Perrie or Eleanor will have to win homecoming queen. Not you," she says the last word with disugst.

Perrie and Eleanor laugh and snicker at me, and I lean against the staircase to steady myself.

The room starts to spin as Perrie, Eleanor, and Layla push past me.

"We'll see you there," Perrie calls.

"Wait, you aren't going!" Eleanor laughs as Perrie and Layla join in.

"We'll be back at midnight," Layla calls as she closes the door behind her.

I slump down against the staircase and put my head in my knees. Connor was already here, but I couldn't go.