Chapter 18 - Enchanted

Liam's POV

At least I think it is her.

She is , after all, wearing a mask. So I can't really tell. But something tells me that it is her. There is no denying the pull I feel towards her.

She doesn't seem to notice at all that the blonde boy she came in with is dancing with every single girl other than her. Either that, or she pretends not to notice. Or better yet, she doesn't care. Which begs the question, why is she with him if she doesn't want to be with him?

She seems to be lost in her own thoughts, staring blankly around at everyone around her. She seems to subconsciously smooth out that big ridiculous dress of hers every few seconds.

I stifle a small laugh but it escapes and Louis turns around to look at me.

"What?" he says, turning around in quick circles thinking that something is stained on him.

"Nothing," I say.

Just then, a petite girl with long brown hair steps up to Louis shyly.

"Hey," she says.

"Oh, hey," Louis replies in that enthusiastic voice of his.

"Do you want to—" she begins, but then stops short, blushing like crazy. Her cheeks turn bright red. She gestures at the dance floor.

"Dance?" Louis finishes for her, smiling warmly at her.

She nods, but Louis just glances back at me and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, maybe la—" he starts and the girl's face falls.

I give Louis a little nudge. "Go on, it's okay. I'll be fine." I say.

"Are you sure?" he asks.

I nod. "Take good care of him," I say to the girl.

"I will," she says, before tugging lightly on his hand and pulling him away.

It isn't long before a girl with dark hair is in front of me, asking the same question the girl before had only asked Louis moments ago.

"Sure," I reply because it doesn't seem like a good idea to be standing around awkwardly, drinking cups of punch, one after another.

I'm pretty sure the punch bowl was half emptied by me.

I shrug the thought off and let the girl lead me into the middle of the dance floor where I see Zayn with that same platinum blonde girl, Perrie, I think is her name. In another corner Niall is with some really tall girl, showing off his dance moves. And unsurprisingly, Harry is surrounded by girls, gushing at him like always. One of the girls reaches over and pinches Harry's cheeks. He doesn't swat her hand away but instead shows off his dimples to her amusement.

I laugh and the girl who led me to the dance floor laughs awkwardly with me, too, even though she has no idea what she is laughing about exactly. She doesn't ask either.

"So," I say, as the first slow dance song came along. "How's the dance been going for you so far?"

She shrugs. "It's been kind of slow so far, nothing interesting has happened yet." I nod, agreeing with her, waiting for her to say something else but she doesn't and the conversation falls flat.

I find myself making an excuse to leave after the song finally ends. "Oh. You know what? I think I'm just going to get some more punch,"

"Okay then. It was fun dancing with you." she says frowning, backing away and heading over to a group of girls dancing with themselves.

I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

I glance at the clock above the stage and it only reads 9:45. It was going to be a long night and there was no way I could leave now, since all the boys and I came in the same limo.