The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.26

Copyright: All rights reserved to MaskedAuthor(N.Deviine)

Recap:

      “Here you go. He has that fresh and warm blood darling,” Leah said and I looked at the man in horror. He was too intoxicated to even be aware of what was going on around him, but I felt it. I could smell the blood pumping through his veins.

      Another part of me was horrified, while I wanted to sink my teeth in.

      “Come on try it! It’s just a sip,” Leah encouraged.

       What should I do?

_________________________________________

Amber's P.O.V

       I looked once more at the defenseless man. My eyes were concentrated on his jugular. I could hear the blood pumping through it, rushing through his veins like beguiling music. It was begging me to taste it. That’s all I needed-a taste. Just one simple taste to sate my curiosity. Nothing more, nothing less.

      “What are you waiting for?”

      I felt the familiar sharp canines extend. They nearly punctured my lip. I bared the man’s neck to my greedy gaze. Before I realized what I did, my fangs were lodged into his vein.

      My whole body shuddered with ecstasy and my eyes rolled into the back of my head. How had I ever lived without this? The warm, taste bud tingling liquid poured down my throat and I felt myself groan. It tasted like heaven.

       I experienced nirvana. That was how good the blood was.

       Suddenly, Leah pulled me away from him and steadied me. I looked at her dazedly and then my flickered over the slumped body. I waited for regret to settle in-some kind of emotion. However, I was greeted with nothingness. I wasn’t about to regret what I had done.

       “Is he dead?” I asked. Leah smiled slyly but shook her head.

       “He’ll live. Be careful though, you don’t want murder in a public place on your hands,” Leah warned and I nodded.

       A smile formed on my lips as I thought; I could kill someone in a remote place.

         Leah’s P.O.V

          Amber smiled and I smirked. That’s what I thought. She wouldn’t have stood a chance. I put a hand on her back and pushed her forward. Briefly, my eyes looked at the man and I opened one of his eye lids to make sure he wouldn’t remember any of this tomorrow.

         After I made sure he was properly intoxicated, I hurried with Amber to the car. Amber was stumbling slightly and I felt slightly guilty. Maybe I shouldn’t have given her the guy who was that drunk and then I shrugged. She was a vampire. Amber will live.

        “That was the most amazing blood I ever tasted,” Amber said as she licked her lips. I smiled at her and patted her head.

        “That’s god, but remember there is more to come,” I promised and Amber nodded dazedly.

         “There are some people I want you to meet soon,” I added and smiled.

         Darcy’s P.O.V

          Justin paced the length of the room anxiously and I sighed.

          “Will you relax? It’s not as if the Vulk will kill you,” I grumbled as he shot me a death glare.