The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.34

Copyright © 2011 by Nina Deviine

Recap:

Those idiots haven’t even figured it out. Not that I expected them to. However, Amber and Kimora were one disappointment after another. Not to mention I had two witches for grandchildren. It was that man’s entire fault. If their father stuck to my bed and didn’t wander into my daughter’s none of this would’ve happened.  

Amber's P.O.V

         Wake up! Wake up dear Anna. Your time has come to finish this mess. Kill them all and we’ll rule these lands together.

         I sat up in my bed and breathed hard. What was that voice inside my head? I looked at Justin as he stirred in his sleep. The moonlight filtered through the blinds and cast light upon his chiselled features. He was so beautiful.

         Get up Anna. We don’t have much time. Kill them all.

         My head started to pound and I tried to block the person out. What was all this about? Could it be? Nah. Once mind control was broken it was broken forever. Right? That voice wouldn’t go away though. It kept saying the command again and again like a mantra.

         The bed shifted and Justin wrapped his hands around my torso. “Come back honey.” He pulled me into his body, but my mind started to burn. It was as if someone had set it on fire. I screamed.

          Justin bolted up and jumped back from the bed.

         “Who’s attacking you sweetheart?” he asked, but I couldn’t speak. I couldn’t even open m mouth. A blindingly hot pain started to spread from my chest throughout my body.

         “I’m going to die,” I yelled, struggling for air. It felt as if someone was suffocating me with a pillow. I couldn’t drag any air into my lungs.

          “Rebecca! Darcy! Catherine!” Justin shouted and soon everyone was inside.

          “What’s wrong?” Rebecca asked, alert and ready. Justin pointed at my writhing form.

           “What’s happening to her?” Darcy whispered, her eyes widening as she studied me.

           “Leah is trying to gain back control of her mind. She must be near here to be able to do that. Send a couple of vampires to check the perimeter. We can nail the bitch now,” Catherine ordered, half growling. She pinned my flailing arms to the floor at ease and looked into my eyes.

            “Listen to me closely. Anna isn’t destroyed, you can get her back. However, if you let Leah in it’s all over. Fight with your last breath. Got it?”

             I nodded breathlessly.

             “Good. Now just concentrate on my eyes,” she instructed and I obeyed. Her eyes at first were their normal colour and then they started to change. Her iris completely shrunk and only her black pupils were left. Then little red rivers of colour started mapping onto her eyes. I stared horrified, wondering if I was hallucinating. Then I heard that voice.

             “Why’d it take you so long?” Anna asked, smiling sadly at me. It was unlike all those other times I was with her. I wasn’t within another dimension or anything. I was still awake and I was aware of everything that was happening around me.