The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.33

Copyright © 2011 by Nina Deviine

Recap:

          “She’s gone.”

           “Where?” I demanded, not noticing the tears that fell down my cheek. I always thought she would be with me.

         “Only you know.”

          The voice disappeared and I was plunged into an awful nightmare. All alone. Wondering what happened to Anna, the only person who was there for me. 

________________________________________

Amber's P.O.V

           Two days passed and the Council still hadn’t come to a verdict. I was bored, sitting in my jail cell. It felt like I was in prison. That’s because you are. I blocked the nagging voice out of my head as I heard footsteps approaching.

          I jumped off the bed and looked out to see if it was Lyle with some good news. Good news was something I badly needed, even if it meant seeing his ugly mug again. However, much to my disappointment, it was Justin.

         Of course I didn’t forget what I was told. No one takes it lightly when someone tells you who your soul mate is, but I was weary to say the least. My last ‘soul mate’ nearly ended up dead because I went ‘psychotic’ on him. I think I put a whole other perspective on the term ‘possessive’.

            Justin stood in front of the cell and stared at me. He stared at me with his glacial blue eyes that could see a soul. He didn’t initiate a conversation either and that was unnerving.  An uncomfortable silence settled and I squirmed a little.

           “Sorry I got you there,” Justin finally said. I looked at him for a moment when it clicked. He was sorry that I was in prison. I shrugged my shoulders non-caringly, surprised he apologized.

           “It’s okay. It was just a matter of time before they caught me. I just don’t remember anything.”

           “That’s mind control for you,” Justin’s chuckle was a bit strained. I smiled at him.

            “Yeah.”

           “I want to say I’m sorry for the way I treated you.”

            Once again he shocked me by his announcement. I looked at him sceptically.

          “You’re apologizing an awful lot.”

           He shrugged, a little smile playing at his lips.

          “I’m just feeling guilty.”

          “Because I’m your soul mate?” I added. He scowled at me.

           “Don’t put words into my mouth.”

          “Just saying.”

           “What are you saying?”

          “Well, if you weren’t stuck in a cell I would ask you out on a date, for one.”

          “Really?” I grinned.

           “Really,” he grinned back at me.

          “But I can’t.”

          He nodded in understanding, but his smile was still on his face.

         “You have a plan to bust me out of prison?” I asked sceptically.”

        He chuckled and shook his head. It was worth a shot.

         “But I can take you out to dinner.”

         “As long as you promise you won’t abandon me like Tom did.”

          Justin’s smile fell for a moment.

         “Don’t worry. This’ll be different.”

          I nodded, deciding to trust him.

          “Just promise me you won’t try something funny coz Lyle will chew my ass out,” Justin bargained with me. I raised an eyebrow. Since, when did Lyle let his precious ‘prisoners’ walk around?

          “Wanna tell me something I don’t know?” I asked sceptically.

               “Apart from the fact that your sentence was dropped under the guise of ‘temporary mind control’, not really,” Justin insolently grinned at me.

            “And you forgot to mention this because...?” I trailed off, suddenly feeling so much free. I wasn’t going to die. The thought was liberating.

            “Lyle said you deserved to worry and give yourself a pity party.”

            “Love him too,” I replied sarcastically. Justin laughed. He had such a musical laugh. How come I didn’t notice that before?

            “Are you going to unlock the door or am I going to be stuck in prison forever?”

          Justin grinned wolfishly at me and slid the key into the click. He turned it and an audible click was heard throughout the room. I could taste the freedom. It was a heady feeling.

          He swung open the iron door and embraced me in his arms. Justin had such solid and warm arms. I melted against him, just content to hold him with me. He gently stroked my back, almost reassuringly, as if I was some skittish animal that would run away.

         I was never hugged that way; it was a hug of pure adoration. He tightened his hold on me and I felt his smooth muscles move like liquid heat under his shirt.

        “You’ll be my prisoner, now and forever,” he whispered his promise. I could only nod.

         “I missed you. It was painful for me to see your affections bestowed on someone else,” he rasped into my ear. I shivered, deliciously helpless, his biceps like bands of steel locking me into place.

         “Am-am I go-going to get my date?” I asked huskily.

         He nuzzled my neck.

        “Sure. I just have to-.”
        Then he kissed me. The kiss was cosmic.

         His hard, chiselled lips moved in sync with mine. It felt as if I was flying, like an outer body experience. I couldn’t think, but I just felt his warmth. The electricity that flowed between us was inhuman, like we were its conductors.  I was afraid we would self-combust at any moment. We were like two magnet, north and south, bound to be attracted to each other.

         He broke away first, his breeding ragged. Slowly, it was like falling of a cliff and back into my body. His drugging lips were no longer on mine and it felt awful.

         “Again, please,” I whimpered.

         He groaned and nodded. I could feel the outline of his crotch.

          “Your wish is my command.”

          Leah’s P.O.V

          Everything was going according to plan. I smirked as I opened my eyes, my soul finally returning to my physical form. I always did outsmart them. No one could match the level of my intelligence.

         This was never a competition. I won this battle before it even started. Those idiots haven’t even figured it out. Not that I expected them to. However, Amber and Kimora were one disappointment after another. Not to mention I had two witches for grandchildren. It was that man’s entire fault. If their father stuck to my bed and didn’t wander into my daughter’s none of this would’ve happened.