The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.29

Copyright © 2011 by Nina Deviine

Imortant Note!!!

If you want the next chapter to come out quicker please vote. When I get 5 votes I will upload. I'm sorry if it's not fair to you, but I put my time and energy into this and it's not fair to me if I get no votes. This is how it's going to be for every chapter. However, don't worry because the bar for votes WON'T get bigger than 5. Thank you and sorry for the trouble.

Recap:

“Someone’s coming,” Catherine said, sniffing again once more.

      “Friend or foe?” Justin spoke for the first time. His face was a myriad of emotions. Before Catherine could answer she fainted and the rest of the world grew black. It felt like I fell into a black vortex of nothing at first and then all conscious thoughts left me.

_________________________________________________

         When I woke up, my head was throbbing. It felt like I was run over with a truck, definitely not a nice feeling. I brought my hands up to my head and started to slowly massage my temples. The muscles in my hand ached as well, feeling like I was lifting weights all day yesterday. I looked around and noticed we were back in the house.

       Everyone started groaning and getting up. Catherine jumped up and barred her teeth, snarling at someone. I winced at the noise she made. It felt like I had a hangover.

       “Cool your head child,” a smooth, seductive voice calmed Catherine and she immediately sat back down immediately. I snapped my head towards the woman who made herself comfortable on one of the chairs.

       “I didn’t think I hurt you that bad,” she remarked almost to herself.

       Everyone was staring at our new arrival with shock, while Catherine just sat there silently.

        “Who are you?” I asked, curiosity eating away at me. I’m sure that was on everyone’s minds, but no one asked.

        “I’m Zoë,” she answered. She didn’t look older than twenty with her white hair and cold, blue eyes. Even I had to admit, albeit grudgingly, she had a perfect dress sense. Her black dress was very chic and went really fine with the golden bangles stacked along her arm. A tattoo of vines climbing their way up her arm took my breath away. It was very bold, but suited her perfectly.

       “Zoë what?” I prompted, yet she just smiled.

       “I can’t tell you that. I’m just Zoë.”

       Catherine burst out laughing, but you could tell it was dripping with sarcasm.

      “Well then Zoë, why are you endangering our lives?”

       She sighed in exasperation, shooting Catherine a sardonic look. It was obvious that there was no love lost between the two of them. At the end of the day, what didn’t Catherine know? I was beginning to think she was as old as time itself. Yet I still didn’t know exactly what she was because it definitely wasn’t a werewolf.

       “Because of Amber.”

       That got everyone’s attention.

       “I need to destroy her.” Catherine rolled her eyes at her comment, but the rest of us didn’t take it lightly. Justin jumped up and snapped at her.