Sick on stage Niall

"Niall I don't think you should perform tonight," I said softly while stroking his hair. He was curled up on the couch with his head on my lap in his dressing room. He had been complaining all day of a horrible stomachache.

"I have to, I can't disappoint the fans," he said weakly.

"Niall this isn't a good idea," I replied feeling a bit worried.

"I feel better since laying down," he said sitting up. I could tell he was lying but I wasn't going to win.

"Alright bud, I'll be standing off stage," I told him putting my hand on his shoulder. He kissed my head and looked in my eyes.

"Don't worry love," he said putting on a smile.

"I always worry," I replied putting my head on his chest. He hugged me tightly for a while until we heard someone call out the boys had five minutes. We stood up together, Niall groaned a little upon standing. I turned and looked at him. He just smiled. I walked out first looking for Liam.

"Liam!" I called running over to him.

"What's up love?" he asked turned around.

"Niall isn't feeling well, please just stay close to him. I'm worried." He smiled and hugged me.

"Niall is lucky to have you lass," he said. I hugged him tightly.

"I just wish he'd listen to me."

"I'll stay close to him, don't worry love." Before I could replied he said, "I know you always worry." I chuckled knowing that he knew me so well. Liam was my best friend aside from Niall of course and he was the one I trusted most to take care of Niall when I couldn't.

"Thank you Liam," I said softly letting go looking up at him. Someone yelled two minutes.

"Go where you need to go I'll take care of Niall." I nodded. I smiled slightly and walked away. I passed Niall on my way to my post. I hugged him tightly.

"Please don't overdo it," I whispered.

"I'll be ok love," he replied. I looked up at him. His eyes were dull and his face was pale. I couldn't stop him so I just nodded. He put his hand on my cheek and I leaned my head into his touch. "I love you Y/N."

"I love you too Niall." He took his hand away and walked towards the rest of the boy. I felt my throat get tight as I watched him put his hand on his stomach. Knew he wasn't well. I walked to my spot on the side of the stage and starting helping out the stage crew.

I tried to keep myself busy but I kept looking over towards Niall. He was sluggish and his energy was not there. About the time they were singing Midnight Memories he was looking pretty bad. Liam walked over to him and whispered in his ear. Niall shook his head and put his hand to his mouth for a moment. Liam put his hand on his should and pointed offstage. Niall nodded and started to walk off behind the prop. He gagged into his hand and picked up the pace. My heart skipped a beat and I ran to the back of the stage to try to find him.

"Niall!" I called out.

"Y/N," I heard him call weakly. I ran to wear I heard him call. I found him leaning over a trash can heaving violently into it. I ran to his side and started rubbing his back.

"Shh shh bud, it's alright, it's ok," I soothed. His body was covered in sweat and he was trembling. He gagged again into the metal bin with a sob.