Harry head cold

Harry woke up in his hotel room to a burning sensation in his throat as well as pressure in his head. He immediately panicked. This was not a good day to be sick. The boys had an interview and a concert that night he needed to be healthy. He got up quickly and took something for his throat. He thought maybe a hot shower would help. He jumped in the shower and stood there for a while letting the hot water and steam relax his body. he got out and quickly got dressed and made himself some tea hoping it would soothe his throat as well. He was determined to perform that night. He had just sat down and started drinking his tea when he heard someone knock on the door. He got up and opened the door finding Louis on the other side.

"Morning Hazza," Louis smiled warmly.

"Hey Lou," his voice sounded weaker then he intended it to. Louis looked him over.

"You alright? You sound a bit off." Harry cleared his throat.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just woke up," he lied. Louis didn't question it.

"The boys are downstairs eating breakfast. You want to join us?"

"Course, yeah I'll be right down. Just give me a second."

"Alright Haz, we'll meet you down there." Harry smiled as Louis walked away. He shut the door and sighed. He didn't like lying to them but they couldn't afford for him to be sick. He finished his tea which soothed his throat for the moment and meet the boys downstairs. He found them eating breakfast at a small table together. He sat down next the Liam and they all looked up at him and smiled.

"Morning Harry," Niall smiled before shoving more food in his mouth. Harry smiled.

"Morning Nialler," he replied.

"I'm so pumped for this show tonight," Louis said excitedly.

"Me too, it's nice to sing these new songs," Liam added. Harry got himself a plate of food and started eating. His throat was still raw and sore. He prayed the medicine would kick in and he would be able to make it through the show that night. He stayed pretty quiet through breakfast though none of the guys seemed to notice. When they were finished they gathered their things and jumped on the bus. They had a few hours to kill before their interview so they all sat around playing FIFA. Niall and Louis were currently screaming at each other during their game while Harry and Liam sat back and watched. Harry's throat was getting worse instead of better. He decided to make some more tea.

"Hey Liam, I'm gonna make some tea. Do you want some?" Harry asked trying to play cool.

"Sure, thanks Haz," Liam smiled. Harry stood up and put the kettle on the stove. He grabbed a bottle of honey knowing that honey is good for a sore throat. When the water was ready he poured it into two mugs over the tea bags. He dumped a large amount of honey in his mug hoping maybe that would soothe his throat. He brought the two mugs back to the couch and handed a mug to Liam. "Thanks Harry." Harry sipped on his tea which did do the trick for a while. When they reached the interview site Harry was feeling alright. They were lead into a large room and sat down on a couch next to each other. The women interviewing them came in and introduced herself. She started asking questions about the album and the tour. Standard interview questions. About half way through the interview Harry felt his throat burn once again. He tried clearing his throat a few times but it was no use.

"Harry are you excited about the show tonight?" The women asked him. He cleared his throat before answering.

"I am; we all really enjoy performing these new songs." His voice sounded raw.

"What's your favorite song to perform?" she asked him.

"I really like perfect," his voice cracked when he said that. The other three boys looked over at him. He cleared his throat again. "Sorry, I really like perfect as well as history. Those are probably my two favorites." Harry avoided talking for the rest of the interview. When they got back on the bus Liam sat down next to him.

"Haz, you feeling alright?" He asked.

"Yeah why?" Harry asked trying the throw him off.

"You sound like your throat is sore."

"No not at all. I don't know what happened back there," Harry lied. Liam nodded.

"Alright, just let us know if you need anything."

"Thanks Liam." They didn't question him again. Harry took some more medicine without alerting the other boys. When they arrived at the stadium they all got on stage for a quick sound check. Harry managed to make it through without the boys noticing he was ill but afterwards his throat hurt worse than it had all day. He hid in his dressing room, drinking several cups of tea until his throat felt a little better. He wasn't sure if he would be able to make it through the show. Right before they were to go on stage Niall knocked on Harry's door and came in.

"We've got five minutes Harry," he told him.

"Thanks Niall," his voice cracked again. Niall gave him a strange look.

"You alright Haz?" he asked.

"Yeah, totally fine. I'll be right out." Niall nodded though he wasn't quiet convinced that Harry was alright. But he didn't question it. Harry took a deep breath before meeting his fellow bandmates back stage. When they walked onto the stage they were met with the screams for their fans. Liam greeted the crowd before they started singing their first song. Harry managed to make it through perfect, infinity, love you goodbye, and long way down. When they started singing history he was having a hard time. On top of his throat he now had begun coughing. The boys knew something was up at this point. They got around to the second chorus when Harry's voice completely gave out. He began coughing uncontrollably to the point the other boys stopped singing and the band stopped playing. Niall ushered Harry back stage while Liam calmed the crowd telling them they would be back in five minutes.

"Harry what's going on?" Louis asked. Niall had gotten Harry a bottle of water that he was sipping on.

"My throat," he managed to say.

"Your throat is sore?" Niall asked. Harry nodded.

"Why didn't you tell us?" Liam asked.

"I didn't want to let the fans down," Harry explained in almost a whisper. He had no voice left at this point.

"You need to rest, you can't go back out there you could damage your voice like this," Liam explained. Harry nodded. "We've only got a few songs left. We'll finish the show. You get back to the bus and relax." Harry agreed and was led back to the bus by security. The other three boys walked back on the stage.

"Sorry about that guys, Harry seems to have taken ill and he won't be able to finish the show with us," Niall explained. There was an audibled 'Aww' from the crowd.

"His throat is really sore but he didn't want tolet you guys down so he tried his best to sing but his health and his voice ismore important than him performing right now," Liam added. The crowd all cheered showing that they agreed. The three boys finished the show and madetheir way back to Harry who was sound asleep on the bus. The crew members hadgiven him medicine that should soothe his throat in a few days if he kept up onit. The three boys agreed to look after their friend making sure he recovered. Whenthey got on twitter that night they saw that #GetWellSoonHarry was trendingworldwide. Harry was on vocal rest for several days but he recovered completelyand was back to singing in no time.