Liam sick on the bus

(Niall's P.O.V.)

It was still dark out when I woke up. We had just gotten on the bus that night and we were in for a long ride. I checked my phone for the time. It was 2:34. I groaned and rolled back over. Why was I awake? Then I heard muffled coughing. I pulled back my shade and looked around. I thought everyone was in their bunks, but it was dark and I wasn't sure. Then I heard it again. It wasn't coming from back in the bunks. I got up and started to walk out front. The bathroom door was closed and the light was on. I stood there for a second listening. I heard them cough again though this time it sounded more like gagging. I knocked on the door softly.

"You ok?" I called through the door. They didn't answer, I just heard the lock click. I opened the door and found Liam sitting in front of the toilet. He was pale and sweating, his eyes red and glassy and his face had a slight sickly green tint to it. He looked up at me sadly. Liam was never sick. Liam was always the one that took care of the rest of us when we were sick. My heart broke. I knelt down next to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Hey Nialler." His voice was hoarse but he managed to give me a small smile.

"What's going on Liam?" I asked running my hand down his damp back.

"Woke up about an hour ago with a stomachache. I came up front to look for some medicine and I laid down on the couch. About fifteen minutes ago I got nauseous so I came in here." Liam turned away from me and coughed again over the bowl.

"Aww Payno," I whispered. I could feel heat coming off his body through his shirt. I put my hand on his head and felt it burning with a fever. "You've got a fever Li," I sighed. He nodded.

"I'm freezing," he admitted. He was shivering on the floor but he was sweating something awful. "Oh no," he mumbled turning back to face the toilet. He gagged and spit into the water. He grabbed the sides of the bowl and gagged again as his dinner reappeared staining the water below. I rubbed circled on his back hoping to comfort him. He coughed and gagged again as he brought up more half-digested food.

"Aww Li," I sighed sadly. His stomach sent up more of what was inside. Liam's body trembled. He rested his head on his arm that was draped across the back of the toilet and retched one last time. He coughed a few time and spit the remaining bile out of his mouth. He reached up with his shaky hands and flushed the toilet.

"Sorry," he groaned as he tried to catch his breath.

"You feel better?" I asked. He shrugged a little.

"My stomach still hurts but I think I'm done throwing up. For now," he huffed still out of breath.

"You want to go lay on the couch? I'll stay with you if you want." He nodded and tried to stand up. His legs shook underneath him and he had to lean on me for balance. I helped him out to the couch and sat him down. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water and the trash can. I brought them both back to Liam. I put the trash can down in front of the couch and handed him the water.

"Thanks, Nialler," he smiled, almost in a whisper.

"Let me go grab your blanket." I hurried off back to the bunks and grabbed his blanket off his bed. The other two boys were still sound asleep. I walked back out front and sat down beside Liam. We both laid down on the couch me being the big spoon. I threw the blanket over us both then wrapped my arms around him. I started to gently rub circles on his upset tummy adding slight pressure hoping to bring him some relief. He sighed contently and I closed my eyes. At some point we both fell asleep.