Chapter 40.

*Johana's P.O.V.*

After that... "incident", I went home after about an hour. Dan walked me to the door. He gave me a hug and told me to get home safe. I nodded and then left.

I sighed as I laid down. Winter break was coming up soon. My phone buzzed and I picked it up to see Shawn texted.

*So excited! What you up to, love?* I feel so terrible. I really like Shawn. But i also really like Dan. What is going on with me?

*Nothing much. What are you so excited for?*

*You'll see soon enough ;)*

*Ugh I hate surprises!*

*Oops... eh you have to wait. When does winter break start for you again?*

*December 20th*

*Gotcha. I would love to keep talking but... BUSY BUSY!* I giggled and started to type back.

*Okay. See ya.*

*Bye beautiful.*

Funny... I didn't mention anything about winter break coming up. I shrugged off the thoughts and just walked downstairs to see my mom sitting down drinking some coffee. She seemed to be deep in thought.

"Mom," I walked up behind her and rested a hand on her shoulder. She jumped but then relaxed realizing it was me. "Are you okay?"

"Uhhh, y-yeah, I'm fine," she went back to drinking her coffee and I eyed her suspiciously.

"Oh.. okay. You sure?" When she nodded I stared at her for a second before backing away slowly.

I walked into the kitchen to get food then I walked back up to my room and texted Abby.

-

-

I was walking back downstairs but stopped when I heard my mom say my name. It sounded like she was talking to someone over the phone.

"I want her to be safe," she paused. "I don't want her flying out of the country to just see a boy! Yes I get she may like him but no," what? Maybe she's talking about Josselyn and just mentioned me? "Shawn is just some stupid boy that will hurt my daughter, I already know it!" That's when I froze completely. So this is about me? I decided I wanted to just go back to my room. I quietly sat the chips I had taken upstairs on the counter and backed out without making a noise. I ran up to my room and quickly grabbed my phone.

I called Shawn.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"No, what would I be hiding?" He chuckled nervously as he spoke.

"You sure you're not planning anything? Something... big?" I giggled at my little pun.

He chuckled once again. "Umm I may be planning for you to come to Canada for two weeks?"

I started to tear up. "Oh my god, Shawn. Why didn't you tell me?! I could be packing!"

"Well cause everything isn't really worked out yet. You're mother is talking to my father about it. I tried to talk to her but she threatened to call the cops on me so yeah," he laughed. "My dad is going to work it out."

"Shawn.... you know I like you a lot right?"

"I like you a lot too Johana," I smiled when he said my name.

"Let me go talk to my mom, but you better text me!"

"Gladly, see ya!"

"Bye," I smiled and hung up. I squealed and dropped my phone on my bed. I ran downstairs to my mom. I saw how she wasn't on the phone anymore and she looked frustrated.