Chapter 4

I sit queiltly on the grass as I look at the scene in front of me. It almost feels like I'm living a movie. Sirens sounds could be heard at the background and an aumbulance has already been pulled up between two police cars. Half of the people in the neighborhood has gathered around to see what the commotion is all about.

What pains me the most is to watch the way Mrs.Kent crying hopelessly, she looks very devasted for her face and eyes has already turned red and flushed from the hard, non stop crying.

"Rebbeca oh darling...Somebody please bring back my baby!" she whimpers. Mr Kent has his arms wraped around her tightly as she sobs into is shoulder. He whispers something into her ear but that doesn't seems to calm her down.

I feel bad too. Even though I only knew her about a day ago I still feel bad. She's very kind and polite and innocent. I bet she and her parents moved here for a fresh new start.

Look where it ended for them.

Oh whoever that man was may he be cursed and rottened in hell for doing such a thing.

Poor Rebbeca... I wonder what's happening to her right now. Could she still be unconcsious? Probably or probably not, but either way I can't help but cringe at all the horrible images that's going through my mind of what she may be going through at this very moment.

My thoughts ceases when my mum's car along with another one finally arrives and pulls up in front of Rebbeca's house. She and two more sherrifs as agreed to go around the neighborhood in hopes that the kidnaper may still be lurking around the streets. But when I see them come empty handed I knew their plan didn't work.

Quickly I stand up from the ground and run over to her. The people that has gathered around the house as stept aside as I push through them to the front.

Right when I reach her both Mr and Mrs Kent come over to us as well.

"Sherrif did you you find her?"

"Where is she?"

"Is she okay?"

"Who did this?"

Mr and Mrs pounds mum with endlessly questions.

She raise her hands in demand to let her speak and they all go silent along with everyone else around us as they all wait for her to speak.

Mum shakes her head dissappointedly before letting out a deep sigh. "We couldn't find her." she says and as on cue Mrs Kent begins to cry again.

"No..." I frown. A tear slips down my face as well as the reality hits me that we're all too late.

This is all my fault. I should've called for help the moment I saw him, but I just couldn't seem to do it. It's like everything that happened went in a fast motion for me to react. If I look back it did really happen in less than five minutes. But still I could've done something...

"Although," I turn my attention back to mum as she begins to speak again.

"We found this," she says before tucking out a small piece of vibrant pink colored cloth from her pockect. It only takes me less than a second for to recognize that it's a piece of cloth from Rebbeca's blouse. It's ripped from every edge, and has small red dots covered around it. Blood.

"It's Rebbeca's," Mr Kent says above a whisper.

"I found it about two miles from here, nearby the forest." she says and I feel the blood on my face drain out. She's mentioning the same forest I was there only few hours ago.

"We beleive their some where in there," she says. "We already have a search team going through." she explains.

My heart beats fast as I come to think that I might have been so close to being kidnapped too.

"In the meantime I would like both Mr and Mrs Kent to come down to the station to ask a few questions," she says and they nod as they proceed to the vehicle. "And Evelyn," she turns around to look at me. "I want you go home now." she demands and I pout.

"But mum I can help to-"

"No Evelyn, you go home now."

I huff. "Fine."

"Sherrif can I talk to you for a few seconds" Another Sherrif speaks. I quickly look at the the tag and find out that her name is Lizzy.

Mum nods. But before she leave she turns around to another Sherrif who I happened to learn is her partner, Joe.

"Joe I want you to take them to the station, I'll be there in a few." she says and he agrees with a sharp nod.

Then mum follows Lizzy to the other end, where there's less people. They begin to talk and before I know it mum frowns again and shake her head as Lizzy tells her something.

"No." I hear mum say and Lizzy says somthing else making mum shake her head again.

I wanted to hear what they were talking about so instead of going back to house like she asked me to do, I take few steps over to them until I'm close enough to hear what they were talking about.

"Come on Sherrif, think about it, it could be him." Lizzy with the chestnut hair try to reason.

"No it can't be." mum disagrees.

"But it's the same traces and they way your daughter has described him, it is definitely him." she says and mum sighs.

Him?

Who are they talking about? Do they know who it is?

"No no it can't be."

"But-"

"Okay fine lets say it is him? then why is he back after all thess years?" mum asks and the other sherrif stays in silent without an answer.

"Exactly what I thought now you go and-" she stops talking as she sees me.

"Evelyn what did I tell you to do?"

"Sorry." I apologize.

"Mum what about-"

"Not now." she cuts me off with a stern look.

"Okay okay." I give in and begin to walk away.

"Wait Evelyn," Lizzy speaks.

I stop and turn around to look at her "Yes?"

"You said that this man used a piece cloth to morphine her right?"

I nod. "Yes that's right."

"Okay, was it a bandana?" she asks me as I do nothing but nod again in response.

"Was the color of the bandana black or red?"

By that question an image of him appears on my mind and all I could see is him clutching that one color in his hand. Which is...

"Red." I answer and hear mum on the otherside taking shape breathe.

"See?" Lizzy looks at my mum. "That's another prove."

Mum stays silently before finally giving up with a nod.

"Your right... he's back."

Du du dunnn!!

haha lol I'm so weird, but anway who do you think their talking about??

Comment and let me know! :D

I would like to say a massive thank you for everyone who's supporting me on this.

Keep it up my lovliess.