Chapter 26

When Liam saw me a frown suddenly appeared on his face. He senses something's not right as he quickly usher me in.

"Come." He says.

For a moment I hesitate, wondering to myself whether I did another big mistake coming here rather than telling mum everything.

Should I really be doing this? He knows dangerously too much.

Is it worth the risk? Can I trust him?

He knows who Harry is and what he does but still he saved me.

Does that make him the good guy or the bad guy?

"What's wrong?" He looks back at me after realizing I didn't move a step.

"Nothing." I quickly shake my head and follow him up to his room. He opens the door and turn the lights on. 

This is the first time I've ever been in his room.
It's big and surprisingly neat for a boy who lives alone.

He has a closet, some drawers, and few other furnitures stacked across the room.

There are some pictures hanging on one side of the wall. I presume they are all his family pictures.
Among all of those faces one catches my eyes the most.

It's a picture of him and a beautiful petite girl with curly brown hair. From the sandy background and the light blue sky I can tell that this picture has been taken somewhere on the beach.
Liam has both of his arms wrapped around her. His lips locked on the side of her cheek. While she's in a middle of laughter.

They look so happy and madly in love.

"That's Danielle." Liam speaks up when he notice me staring at that one image.

His eyes snaps mere seconds at it. A flash of emotion that I couldn't decipher shadows his face.

"She was my girlfriend." He says in lowly tone.

"Was?" I ask.

"Yeah..." He nods.

"What happened?"

"It's a long story." He breathes out, not telling me much.

He pulls up a chair directly in front of me as I sit on the bed.

"So what do you want to know?" He asks, ignoring the uneasy tension growing between the two of us.

"Everything." I say.

He furrows his eyebrows but doesn't argue.

"But first I need you to explain me this." I pull out the folded piece of paper that I've kept in my bag. He eyes it before taking it.

"What is this?" He asks after reading it.

"Harry gave it to me today at school."

Liam scrunches up the paper and throw it to the ground."Ignore it, he's just messing with you."

"Are you serious?" I look at him shocked.
"He kidnapped me and you expect me to just ignore it?"

"Look it's not like that. He only goes after one person once, then he moves to another. He never comes back for the same person again."

"Like that will make me feel so much better." I sigh feeling more weight on my shoulder.

So more girls are going to go through this haunting experience. When will it end?

"I'll take care of it." Liam promises.

"What are you going to do about it?"

"Don't worry I'll figure out something."