Chapter 19

"So did he tell you where he's going to take you yet?" Gabriela asks as she sits down on my bed.

"No," I replied. 

"What is the dress code then?"

"He just said to wear something nice." 

"Nice? Hmm... Okay." Gabriela nods while looking down at the five dresses she had brought. 

"So definitely not these then." She tugs away the dark maroon and the purple dresses to aside. Leaving the light blue, pink, and white dresses on the middle of the bed.

"Nice means casual so... I would say this one." Gabriela suggests, pointing to the white one. 

It's covered in a floral lace pattern design which reached above the knees, and has a small brown leather belt around the waist.

"Okay." I agree. 

"Try it on." 

I walk out of the room and into the bathroom. I put on the dress and look in the mirror.

Yes this is definitely the one I think to myself as I do a little twirl, feeling pretty. 

I get out and show Gabriela and a big smile appears on her face.

"Perfect! When Stephen sees you like this he will fall to his knees!" She claps her hands together.

"Put these on." she then handed me a pair of leather boots. 

"Now for the makeup!"

I sit in front of the mirror and Gabriela grabs her makeup bag. Quickly searching through it.

"Remember Gabs, nice and simple." I remind her.

"I'm on it." She smiles before pulling out an eyeliner and a lip gloss.

She begins her work and before I know it it's past four. Just half an hour more till Stephen arrives.

"All done!" she announces and I look in the mirror.

I'm beyond surprised of how good I look right now. Definitely not how I pictured it.

"Wow." I gasp. "I look great. Thank you!" I hug her.

Mum comes in right then and gives me a thumbs up. She even jokes of how if anything goes wrong she'll hunt him down.

"Mum it's not funny!" I whine and she laughs.

"Just kidding just kidding. But seriously you look gorgeous hon."

I smile at her compliment. "Thanks mum."

"Oh my god I think he's here." Gabriela squeals looking out of my window. In the background I could hear the sound of an engine turn off.

"Okay, my purse!" I hurriedly grab it from the table.

"Good luck!" Gabriela calls out as I exit the room.

The bell rings just when I reach the bottom steps. I quickly make way to the door and open it.

Once I look up my breathe completely leaves me. He looks astonishing. He's wearing a white button up shirt, black skinny jeans, and a black leather jacket.

"Evelyn, wow... you look amazing." He compliments and I blush.

"Thanks." I reply shyly. 

"Here." He hands me a rose. 

Smiling I take it and smell it.

"Thank you." 

"A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl." he says smoothly that makes me blush the same color as the rose.