Chapter 16

After school I start my car and pull out of parking lot. I reach home in less than twenty minutes. Mum is already at home. She is in the kitchen, preparing dinner.

"Hey how was work?" I ask as she looks up from her cook book. Her hands are slightly dusted with flour and a bowl of sauce mixed with some ingredients lays on the center of the counter.

"Good, how was school?" she asks.

"It was okay." I reply and walk over to the fridge to get a juice box. 

As I stay silent for a second she looks at me over her shoulder and ask. "Yeah? Anything happened?"

"Not really." I shrug.

I want to tell her about the new student, Harry. Of how he seems and acts so different from all the others but then again I don't see the point in it, and also it would be nothing but a waste of time.

Speaking of time I wonder how Liam is doing. Emma told me that he went home early because his headache got worse. 

I called him earlier to check on him but his phone was switched off. I should try calling him again later.

Mum tells me more of how her day was and also mention that this weekend she would have night shifts because her partner had to leave town for some reasons.

I helped her finish the cooking and then headed to my room. 

I decided to call Liam again. I dial his number and wait as it rings but he doesn't answer. I hang up and try again. 

The same thing. So I send a small text saying to call me later.

There's some homework that needs to be done for tomorrow so I get on to it.

It's past six when I'm close to finishing it when my phone starts to ring. Liam's name is flashing as I pick it up and answer.

"Liam."

"Hey, just now I saw the missed calls I got from you. Sorry I had my phone in silent because I was taking a nap." he explains. His voice sounds a bit deeper.

"Oh it's okay. I just wanted to check up on how you doing."

"I'm good, thanks for asking. Took some medicine and the nap really helped it."

"What are you doing now?" he asks after a short minute.

"Just finishing up some homework I have for tomorrow." I say.

"Oh okay."

"Any new leads of the AA?" I ask and mentally slap myself for letting that name slip out my mouth. Stupid name. 

I hear Liam let out laugh on the other end. "So you finally decided to call him that huh?"

 I roll my eyes even though he can't see me.

"No nothing at the moment." Liam says and I sigh, disappointed. Guess this is going to be really slow.

"What about you?" he asks.

"No. Nothing at all."

"Hmm..." 

"So anyway are you coming to school tomorrow?" I ask.

"Yeah definitely." 

"Okay I'll see you there then."

"Bye." he says and I hang up.

......

Whispers.

I hear whispers. 

There not loud nor quiet, but I hear them. lurking around in the dark. Saying things that I don't clearly understand.