Chapter 11

*Short chapter.*

"Evelyn wake up." I hear a voice quietly say followed by the sound of the curtains being pulled open.

I open my eyes only to immediately shut them again because of the harsh brightness of the sunshine.

"Mum," I groan, pulling the duvet over my head. Hiding myself in the darkness for few more minutes.

All night I couldn't shut myself to sleep. My mind wouldn't stop racing with tons of thoughts and questions.

"Now now. You can't sleep all day." Mum gently taps on my shoulder. "And plus don't you have somewhere to go today?" she asks.

"A friends house?"

"Yes. But it's not until five in the evening." I remind her.

"It's already three."

"What!"

I sit and look at her pointing to the clock on my desk. And sure it is three in the afternoon.

"I must get ready soon." I say and hop out of the bed.

"I've set you up some clothes." Mums says, referring to the pile of clothes neatly set on the bed.

I thank her and hurriedly rush into the bathroom with the clothes in my hands.

I place them near by the sink and then turn the shower on. While the water heats up I take my clothes off until I'm left with nothing.

Right when I kneel down to put them in the hamper I pause as my eyes catches on something.

At first I couldn't make out what it was, but when I turn to the mirror I see it clearly.

My eyes widen the more I stare at it.

On one side of my body, both thigh and stomach are covered with bruises.

Pink, purplish big hand prints pasted over my skin like a canvas art.

I run my fingers over the part where the darkest shades are and wince at the stinging feeling.

Images of his hands tightly gripping on me clouds my mind and I can't help but let out a tear slip down my face.

He did this to me.

He hurt me...

How dare he? I ask myself as fear slowly turns into anger.

How dare he do this to me?

To treat me like this?

To touch me like this?

Angrily I wipe the tears of my face with the back of my hand.

He's going to pay for this I lastly say before heading into the shower.

Ooh angry Evelyn... What's she gonna do?

Vote and comment my lovelies.