Chapter 14

It's been two weeks since the incident. Two weeks and no news about Rebecca's kidnapper 'AA'. According to mum this is pretty much getting to a serious situation. She said if this keeps going on then the FBI may step in. 

Rebecca on the other hand is recovering quickly. She sometimes have these moments where she would like to be left alone. But other than that she's fine.

For her, these days were a bit tough because her mum and dad wouldn't stop on persuading her to the idea of leaving this town and go else where. It's totally understandable that their only doing this for her own safety, but we were all surprised when Rebecca stood against it. 

She says she wouldn't just pack up and go away because of what happened to her. So from that no one bothered pushing her any further.

Now she goes to the same school as I am and we're like best friends.

Also Liam on the other hand has been so helpful lately. He had agreed to help me with my secret 'little research' - We agreed to keep that name - and he was able to find some little details. But like I said there were only little details, nothing that could make us get any closer to our target... 

'Ready?' I send the message to Rebecca as I wait for her outside. I promised to give her a lift to school today because her mum couldn't due to her going for a job interview.

'Give me a sec.' I receive  a text and wait. Just in a minute or less Rebecca quickly rushes out and get into the passengers seat.

"Okay let's go." she says and I pull out of her drive away.

I smile when I see her face glued to the book in her hand. Her fingers drumming at the hedges of the book while she mentally does some countings. 

"Been studying all night?" I ask.

"Hmm." she hums. She pulls out another book from her backpack and read that one as well.

"You?"

"Yep." I say popping the 'p'. "All night."

"Me too."

 Today we have a math test and Rebecca and I've been spending a lot of the time together crunching up all the numbers and getting it together. It was a bit hard, but hey who says math is easy right?

In about fifteen minutes we reach to school and I park at one of the empty spaces in the parking lot. Right then Liam and the rest join us as we enter in.

"Did you get the notes I sent you?" Liam asks Rebecca as they walk side by side.

"Uh-hu." she nods.

"Hey you didn't give me any notes." Lucas says, frowning.

Liam rolls his eyes at him. "Well it's because you didn't ask for any."

"So? Oh man I'm gonna fail this one for sure." he groans annoyed.  

"Gimme that." Lucas snatches the book Christian was holding and flips the pages quickly, reading them all in high speed.

"You know guys I'm so happy I don't have math today." Emma grins ear to ear, slinging one hand around my shoulder and the other on Gabriela's while she skips excitedly.

"Ha ha not funny." Lucas sticks his tongue out at her.

 The bell rings to our first class and Lucas stops while groaning loudly. In defeat he passes the book back to Christian with a hard shove.

"Come on come on." Liam laughs while pulling him into the class.

......

"Now see that wasn't so bad right?" Liam asks as we exit.