Chapter 24

As soon as I reached home I go straight into the kitchen and get myself a glass of water. I hold my throat with one hand, trying to ease down the soreness.

Everything feels so weird. There's a burning sensation within me that I can't get rid off. 

It's just to much and all at once.

I don't even register the fact that mum is in front of me. Saying something that I couldn't quiet catch.

"I'm sorry what?" I ask when she gives me the look that indicates she's waiting for me to answer.

"I said the next time when you decides to stay over at your friends place, you might as well just call and tell me rather than sending me one short text." She says raising her eyebrow at me.

I look at her even more confused, not really knowing what she's talking about.

"No mum I was..." I was about to say it all, reveal all of my secrets but pause when I hear Liam's voice. 'Please just don't tell anyone.' 

His words repeat in my head over and over again like a broken record.

Why did he say that? 

What could possibly be the reason for keeping this as a secret?

Is Harry threatening him? Probably... Who knows what he's capable of .

I might as well get in trouble too if I try to reveal him. I am already one of his targets. What worse could he do to me.

I get pulled out of my thoughts when I feel a touch of warmth on my shoulder. Mum has her hand on me as she repeats my name.

"Eve?" She looks at me concerned. "You okay?" 

I force a smile and nod.

"What is it?" She notices the look on my face and ask. 

I wish I could tell her.

"Nothing." I shook it off.

She doesn't seem to be satisfied by my answer so I quickly think of something else to tell her. 

"It's just I'm really tired and I think I'm getting a headache." I admit. To act out my lie I fake wince and I rub my temples.

"Hmm party hard?"

"Yeah, I'm going to sleep it off."

"Here." She gives me my phone as I leave.

"A friend of yours stepped by earlier. Said that you forget to take your phone."

"Who was it?" I ask.

"Don't know. I've never seen this kid before..."

"Oh okay."

I quickly get into my room and check my phone.

I hope it wasn't Harry that came by. I don't want him anywhere close to my mum. 

I check the last text that has been send and surely there's text sent to mum around midnight.

Who would've send that?

I have another set of missed calls and texts. Mostly from the girls asking where I went. I reply them with short texts that I had to leave early.

There are also five missed calls from Liam that I immediately ignore.

I scroll down and read Stefan's text which says 'I enjoyed last night so much ;)'

I gulp. 

What happened last night?