Chapter 23

I slowly wake up, fluttering my eyes open. I take in my surroundings. I am laying on a bed, in a room that I don't recognize.

I feel alarmed all over again but then calm down a bit as I see Liam on the other side of the bed, sleeping.

I pull the cover away and move to the edge of the bed. There's a mirror in front of me. I look at my reflection. 

My eyes widen in shock when I see no wounds around my neck. I run my hand over it and trace nothing.

Even my writs looks fine. Almost as of nothing has ever happened.

How is it possible? Was I dreaming? Is this some sort of a sick nightmare that I can't get up from?

I hear ruffling sound behind me.

"Evelyn you awake! How you feeling?" Liam asks, abruptly standing up.

Startled I quickly step back.

"D-don't come near me."

He doesn't listen to me as he comes closer.

"Liam!" I warn, raising my voice. He narrows his eyes at me but do as I say.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"You're at my place. I brought you here."

"What happened?" I ask not understanding anything from earlier.

 "I don't have a single wound on me. I'm not hurt. I don't feel pain." I say. Like a mad woman I begin to run my hands up and down my body. Aggressively searching for clues.

"Evelyn you have to calm down. Everything is okay now." Liam calmly speaks and I shake my head.

"No it's not!" I yell at him.

He flinches but stays still.

"Oh my god." I then gasp as I remember something.

"Stefan, h-he he got hurt and I couldn't do anything."

"Evelyn you don't have to worry about him, he's fine." Liam assures and secretly take a step closer to me that he thought I didn't notice.

"How do you know that?" I ask.

"I just do."

I don't believe him.

"Stop lying!"

"I'm not lying to you, it's the truth. Stefan is fine. Nothing happened to him."

"No." I say and sprint to the exist. 

A cold rush brushes against me and the door closes by itself with a loud bang. Liam has both of his hands raised up, directly pointed at it.

I pull the handle but it doesn't nudge a bit.

"H-how did you do that?" I ask. Feeling chills raising up my spine.

Liam clenches his jaw hardly. He seems to regret his movements as he avoids looking at me.

"Evelyn please let's not talk about this now. You need to take more rest."

I ignore his words.

"You're just like him aren't you?" I ask.

Immediately he shakes his head.

"No I'm not. You have to believe me." He nervously says.

I picture him with those haunting black eyes and sharp fangs. A sinister smirk laying across his face just like Harry's.

I wish I never had that image in my head.

But another part of me, a really small one thinks otherwise. Maybe he is telling the truth. Maybe this is some kind of a big misunderstanding and Liam is not a bad person after all.