I

A/N: Updates will be each Sunday because I need time for school but still wanna update. Hope you understand. Surprise chapters might be a thing though. Okay, let's start <3

New York
Park bench
Snowy landscape
Feelings overflow
Tears on the snow

Rain's POV:

I was sitting on a rackety snowed in park bench in Central Park. The white blanket around me was coming down with no end in sight. I sighed heavily producing a visible white could around my face. The cold had found it's way under my clothing and was now making me tremble as the sound of my chattering teeth filled the quiet atmosphere. My surroundings were empty except for a flock of birds about five arm lengths away from me. A normal person would not be sitting here right now, freezing as they reconvened on their life. But I was. Let me introduce myself. My name is Rain and I am a native New Yorker. I am 22 years of age. My mother is Hawaiian and my father is white. Therefore I am graced with skin that looks very tan, long brown hair and piercing ice blue eyes. I have just graduated from the New York University but had no idea what to do with myself. My interests and passions included video games, horseback riding, music and travel. I am an active YouTuber with a small fanbase of 5000 fans. Overall, my life seemed splendid. However, it wasn't. I haven't spoken to my parents since I started University, my boyfriend had dumped me for another and I had shattering student loans on top of me. Everything was getting to be to much, to quickly and that would be the reason to be sitting here right now on this evening.

It was nearing nightfall as thoughts raced through my head so I grumpily got off the frozen bench and shook off the snow and chipped paint off my jeans. Heaving a sigh again, I stuffed my hands into my coat pockets and trudged home. The sun had set by now behind the tall high rises so it was difficult for me to see far ahead. Panic had started to set in as I imagined all the worst possibilities that could happen. I quickened my pace to reach the subway. I swiped my card across the turnstile and it made a low beeping noise that allowed me to walk through into the station. I didn't want to plant myself on another seat so I stood in front of the rails, behind the yellow line. A few minutes passed by and I heard the barreling sound of the train down the tracks that I knew so well because I heard it multiple times a day. The heavy metal contraption grounded to a stop and the doors swung open in front of my face. I stepped in, instantly gripping the pole as the robotic voice announced the next station. The train car was empty except for an elderly man that was snoring away in the far corner, surrounded by grocery bags. I moved to the opposite side of the car and sat down on the cold seat. Suddenly I was hit by a strong urge to sleep but with no one there to wake me up at my stop, I could not afford that. I forced my eyes open and took out my phone instinctively opening Twitter.

@RainPlays
Somebody explain to me what I'm doing in a subway late at night.

I tweeted out the seemingly pointless tweet and hid my phone again. Three stops later I got out of the train and stepped out into the dark streets that were illuminated by dim yellow lights. The street where I lived was close to a subway station but was very narrow. It bustled during the day but was dead silent during the night. Climbing the two flights of stairs in my heavy coat, I bustled with my keys until finally finding the right one. I stuck it into the key hole, turning it with ease and swinging the door open. I was greeted with an unpleasant sight. My apartment was packed into boxes and suitcases, one pillow on the floor. Everything was spotlessly clean for the first time since I've moved in. I dropped my coat onto the hook and nestled down under the window on the pillow. My jeans and long sleeve sweater had stuck to me and I didn't bother to take them off. I glanced at my boxes from the floor level, counting almost ten. And I thought I didn't have a lot of stuff. Why am I packed you may ask? Well, I said earlier that everything had gotten to much, so that's why. I had found a decent apartment for a good price in Los Angeles and my flight was tomorrow. I only had a few hours to sleep until I would have to get up early to drop all the boxes off at my friends so she could send them to me. My other twenty boxes had already been shipped to my new address on the other side of the country. My eyelids felt heavy again but I let them close this time, drifting off to sleep for the last time in this apartment.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

My phone rang out its familiar alarm, making me open my eyes. It was still dark outside but it was four in the morning. I stretched my stiff limbs and got up. The right side of my neck cracked from the uncomfortable position I was in but I ignored it, shuffling my way to the bathroom. After I did all my business there I was free to pack my pillow and my toiletries into the purple suitcase next to the door. I took one last looks around the apartment, deciding it was clear of stuff and opened the door. I paused on the doorstop and whipped out my phone opening the Uber app. I ordered an Uber and started to bring my boxes down. It took my a good twenty minutes to get everything out of the apartment and down the stairs. I left the keys under the welcome mat, just as my landlord asked me to do and waited outside of the building. I saw the lights come around the building first and was blinded for a second but soon adjusted. An Indian guy of about fifty stepped out and offered me a hand with the boxes. We loaded them in, shoving my two suitcases in after. Without another word he drove me to my friends house a half hour from where I lived and I had asked him to stay there. He nodded in response, his beard making a weird twitching motion. I took the elevator to the seventh floor and knocked on the door. A sleepy figure appeared at the door frame.

"Hey"

"Give me the boxes and let me go to sleep" my friend said, forcing us both to chuckle. We took the elevator down and then loaded the boxes into her apartment.

"Thanks again" I said, huffing after I dropped the last box off. She shook it off and gave me a big hug. She smelled of papayas and pineapples.

"Don't forget about me when you become and actress okay?"

"Just because I'm moving to LA doesn't mean I automatically become an actress" I laughed but noticed that tear drops had stained my shirt on the right shoulder.

"Hey it's okay" I wiped under her eyes, making her smile.

"I'll keep in touch, I promise" I ensured.

"I have to go now" I gave another brief hug and then she waved me off. She had been my first friend in New York and we have become inseparable. I loaded myself into the taxi.

"The airport please" I said to the driver who nodded swiftly yet again and pressed on the gas. My friends apartment building faded from sight, making me feel upset.

~~~~~~

I stepped out of the airplane, already feeling the LA heat. The jacket I was wearing came off instantly and I was happy that I picked a simple shirt to wear underneath. It was five in the morning and barely anybody was at the airport. I got my baggage and set foot outside. I saw a cab and took the opportunity.

"3859 Wahiki Boulevard please" I told the driver. Thanks to LA traffic, what seemed like a half hour trip turned into almost an hour and a half. However, I was used to being stuck in a car or subway for a long time so I didn't complain. I fetched my purple suitcases out of the trunk and stood in front of a large building of a beige color. The windows were tinted black as if to not let the sun shine in. I revived my key from the landlord and dragged my suitcases to the elevator. With a sweaty hand I pressed the button and the door opened, revealing a man.

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for reading the first chapter! I'm so excited for this book, you guys have no idea! I have a pretty good plan with where this is going to go :D This is for all you Tom lovers <3 he's great.